Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amitriptyline/nortriptyline

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
Going off of geodon is giving me insomnia. Has anyone had success with these? I used to take nortriptyline and it helped.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lucy164
by Peggy on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I don't know anything about those meds, but I took a triciclic called immipramin (sp?) and that was a great one.  So maybe the elavil will do the same for you.  ( I hope )

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:46 PM

I haven't ever tried that. i hope it works for you!

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I'm taking Amitriptyline for sleep. I actually take that plus Benadryl & melotonin. So three things to help with sleep & it seems to work. Except lately my husband has been waking me up & then I can't fall back to sleep once he's flipping back & forth. We really should probably sleep in separate beds. I bet I could get a good nights sleep if I just took all 3 pills then slept in the spare room, but I hate to leave the bed room. 

Nai_Nai
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Amitriptyline - i was on it. it helped me sleep and helped with my fibro. I took the max and I would be out within like 30 minutes. But i started on a low dose of 25mg and worked my way up. I have a very high tolerance of medication.

momwriter
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Have you had side effects from amitriptyline?

Quoting flowrsgalore:

I'm taking Amitriptyline for sleep. I actually take that plus Benadryl & melotonin. So three things to help with sleep & it seems to work. Except lately my husband has been waking me up & then I can't fall back to sleep once he's flipping back & forth. We really should probably sleep in separate beds. I bet I could get a good nights sleep if I just took all 3 pills then slept in the spare room, but I hate to leave the bed room. 

CherrieFaeries
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM
I used to take amitriptyline. Knocked me out but good. One pill took two days to get out of my system.
Mackiesgg
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:06 AM

It makes my b-p son sleep so he doesn't do the mood swings so bad.

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM

No side effects, but I think my dose is considered low at 10 mg per night. 

Quoting momwriter: Have you had side effects from amitriptyline?
Quoting flowrsgalore:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)