Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I'm back to my old habits and my husband hasn't even noticed.

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM
rho
  • 50 Replies

I have been anorexic for as long as I can remember. Well I started gaining wait 3 years ago when I was put on steroids for 3 months for pnemonia. I couldn't stand it but through therapy I learned to deal with it.

Well now I'm back to doing all my old stuff. I am skipping meals. Eatting hard candy or chewing gum if I feel a little bit hungry.  I'm back on the treadmill 2 to 3x's a day but once a day is to reopen my lungs from getting over broncitis.

When I do eat at night with him it is very little. I take a few bites and I am done. I don't know if he isn't paying any attention or if it is from were I have been sick for over a month and didn't really eat then and he thinks its still from that or if he just isn't paying attention. 

I told my daughter on Thursday I want to be back to 105 by summer and she said that was fine as long as I did it the healty way.

My therapist said my anorexica is a self harm just like cutting. Because it is something you can control

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:44 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't know your history, but why does your husband have to notice?  You know you are doing things that you shouldn't be doing.  Why do you need someone else to "know" to keep you in check?  He's not your parent, he's your partner.  And it's your responsibility to keep yourself healthy, not someone elses. 

You need to talk to your therapist.  I'd make an appointment asap.  Best of luck and hugs.

invisibleme
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:46 PM
You know you need help. YOU need to talk to your dh. He is not a mind reader.
rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes he is my husband and he has dealt with this for 30 years with me. He is also my support person. Just like a person that cuts needs to be watched sometimes. I am really no different then that. He has went to councling with me and has been told what to watch for and he has agreed to help when he see the problem arrising. 

I also didn't post this to be bashed.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know your history, but why does your husband have to notice?  You know you are doing things that you shouldn't be doing.  Why do you need someone else to "know" to keep you in check?  He's not your parent, he's your partner.  And it's your responsibility to keep yourself healthy, not someone elses. 

You need to talk to your therapist.  I'd make an appointment asap.  Best of luck and hugs.

rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Oh plus I don't have a therapist to see any longer considering that my husband is unemployed at this time

Quoting rhodaj:

Yes he is my husband and he has dealt with this for 30 years with me. He is also my support person. Just like a person that cuts needs to be watched sometimes. I am really no different then that. He has went to councling with me and has been told what to watch for and he has agreed to help when he see the problem arrising. 

Quoting Anonymous:

rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:59 PM

No he isn't a mind reader but he is home with me all day and sees that I'm not eating and knows that I am lieing when I say that I have.  I would hope he would after years of marriage.

Quoting invisibleme: You know you need help. YOU need to talk to your dh. He is not a mind reader.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM

I'm very sorry if you feel bashed.  That was not my intention at all.  I thought and still think my questions are legitimate.  

If he is your support person, then you should talk to him about this rather than sitting and waiting for him to notice.  It's not fair to him (or yourself) that you are hiding something like this.  How can he, as your support person, help, if he is unaware that there is a problem?  

Again, I'm sorry if you are taking this as bashing.  I'm honestly trying to help.  If I'm not helping, just tell me to shut up and I'll not respond again.

Wishing you the best and hugs.   

Quoting rhodaj:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mackiesgg
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Maybe you should talk to your husband

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:20 PM

i would keep seeing my therapist and getting counseling for it and i would also let my dr. know. talk to  your husband about it. if you are aware of what you are doing let him in on it.

rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Steve isn't working now so I'm not seeing my therapist or psych dr. We still have cobra insurance but the deductable is so high I can't afford to go

Quoting lyrick24:

i would keep seeing my therapist and getting counseling for it and i would also let my dr. know. talk to  your husband about it. if you are aware of what you are doing let him in on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)