Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I need to get away

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
I really need a break from life. I just need to get away for a little while. I'm not doing my kids or dh any good by being around right now. I'm not suicidal, I just want to get away from everyone for a while to get my head straight. Maybe stay at a hotel for a few days... I've been thinking about this for awhile now. But I'm scared to say anything to my dh. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabooka78
by Sabrina on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww honey I'm sorry but I would tell hubs how u feel maybe he will understand don't bottle it all up though it will make it worse hugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Go talk to him!  I know I've felt that way before and just sometimes you need some time to yourself to regroup.  Plus, if you have small children,  it's good just to get caught up on your sleep.  For many people, sleep makes all the difference in outlook.  I know it does for me.  When I'm having a bad day, I go to bed and sometimes, everything that was bothering me will just mysteriously disappear and "tomorrow is a new day". 

Hope you are feelng better soon and hugs!!!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been there! I would love to run away to the ocean for a few days!
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 4:08 AM

dont be afraid to say something to  your dh. i know exactly how you feel and sometimes a break is just what we need. i have went and stayed in a hotel for a couple of days just to regroup. i hope it works out for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2014 at 4:09 AM
I felt that way too. Even if it was just one day, i felt like i could pull myself together. Have you talked to a doctor or therapist?
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 7:12 AM

I feel the same way but mostly its to get a way from my dh.  I hope things get better for you

rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I know how you feel. I am normally afraid to say something to my hubby when I need a break but I do tell him. I make my plans for my sisters night out which is just a freind and her sister and her best friend. We just go to one of our houses normally not mine. He knows when I say that I won't be home for a few days. I normally stay with my friend and were she lives there is no cell service so no calls from kids needing a sitter.

Just sometimes we need a mental health break away from everything.

Hugs and good luck

Mackiesgg
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

pot_of_flowers

[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks everyone. Its good to know im not the only one that feels like this. I've been wanting to tell dh just haven't gotten the courage up yet. And right now isn't the time to tell him cause he's in an extremely bad mood.
Tracys2
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Oh, I know that feeling so well! I found a way out, but felt that need to escape for years. Apparently, it's a really good sign that your brain is mired in icky depression. I hope you can find a way to have some time to yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)