Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Waiting to turn back into the old me.

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:36 AM
  • 18 Replies
Anyone else feel like this with your depression?
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:11 AM

i havent been the old me for about three years now and im giving up hope. i was ok before menopause but since then i have had a struggle.

KyahZia
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:52 AM
I feel for you. I lost me after work sucked everything out of me. I never expected it to last into the forth year. I'm starting to get really worried like I'm never going to climb out of this hole. I also worry what my DH thinks. I just want to be be again.
Quoting lyrick24:

i havent been the old me for about three years now and im giving up hope. i was ok before menopause but since then i have had a struggle.

lucy164
by Peggy on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM

I absolutely feel like that when depressed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Yes! I really wish I could be my old self. But I'm slowly coming to the realization that I'm never going to be that person again. And I need to learn to except that.
happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:27 PM
not to be negative at all...this is wisdom..accept the things we cannot change and the wisdom to know the differemce....serenity prayer

Quoting Anonymous: Yes! I really wish I could be my old self. But I'm slowly coming to the realization that I'm never going to be that person again. And I need to learn to except that.
srltb143
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Not bad advice....I have the Serenity Prayer mounted in my house where I can see it everyday.  Helps me remember that there is only so much I can do, and the rest is out of my hands, and that what I can change is up to me to change it.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM

every day

Countrygirl0510
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Yep...I'm hoping once I get back on medicine next week I will start to feel a lil bit better! I have been feeling down for so long it's been hard to feel like me! I'm normally a very energetic person with a lot of patients but the past few months I have been the totally opposite! I have tired pushing my self to get out of bed or go to a friends or even get out of the house but it's just not working or doesn't work for long! I'm hoping with medicine it will help me some!
deltathree
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:31 PM

yes - hugs....

captainjack
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM

After I got on my cymbalta I turned in my old self.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)