Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever feel like....?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Going into the hospital just to get away from all the stress and endless responsibilities of every day life?

The last time I was in the hospital was at the end of December. And ever since Ive gotten out, Ive wanted to go back. I do t feel like that all the time, but the thought has crossed my mind several times. I just can't handle... Well anything. I can't be a good mom, wife, person... I can barley do any of my responibilites around the the house, cook, clean, go shopping, leave the house at all, unless I'm manic and that's only 2-3 days a month. But if I go then my dh will suffer more because he will have to take care of all the kids and work. And the only hospital around is a crisis one, and I need more help and longer care then they offer. Plus I have no insurance. I can never remember to take my meds so I don't even know if they are helping or not, or would if I took them regularly. What I really need is one of those residential care facilities, but I can't afford that. And partially hospitalization is out cause of money and the fact that I wouldn't make myself go.
Idk what to do any more...
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:40 AM

I have thought about going to the hospital to get away from everything but then I think of the hospital I would have to go to now and I quickly change my mind.

For your meds. What I do is set the alarm on my phone for the times I am suppose to take them and when it goes off I take the ones that I need to take at that time.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:48 AM

maybe instead of going into the hospital to get away you could go stay in a hotel room by yourself every now and then. you could get one with an indoor pool and jacuzzi so you could relax. i have done that before when my kids were little. and dont be so hard on yourself if you dont get everything done. all of the responsibilities of a woman can overwhelm you. so if you dont feel like cleaning the house then let it go for the day. but you really need to remember to take your meds. who knows, you could be a lot better if you took them on a regular basis. like rho said, set your alarm for the time to take them. its going to be hard to get into a long term care facility if you dont have any insurance. is there a state hospital anywhere near you. they will usually take people with no insurance and it is longer care than the regular psych hospital.

TAG9lbs
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it might help if u watched that 60 minutes episode that explains how hospital cleanliness is based on appearance. While there might be less clutter in a hospital room than ur living room, you stand a 60% chance of getting sick in a hospital room than in ur own house. Even though the bathroom and kitchen often have the highest germ scores than the rest of the house aadies hospital room scored higher.

Hope you find a way to boost ur energy soon.
KyahZia
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Yes. I've been thinking about that for about two years now. I just don't know how to get in. On the other hand I have also done what Lyrick24 suggested and I have taken myself on a few 'getaways' but that was before I had our two kids and a lot more money. I struggle the same way you described. I do take my meds regularly but I hate taking them and it is an effort every single day.
Quoting lyrick24:

maybe instead of going into the hospital to get away you could go stay in a hotel room by yourself every now and then. you could get one with an indoor pool and jacuzzi so you could relax. i have done that before when my kids were little. and dont be so hard on yourself if you dont get everything done. all of the responsibilities of a woman can overwhelm you. so if you dont feel like cleaning the house then let it go for the day. but you really need to remember to take your meds. who knows, you could be a lot better if you took them on a regular basis. like rho said, set your alarm for the time to take them. its going to be hard to get into a long term care facility if you dont have any insurance. is there a state hospital anywhere near you. they will usually take people with no insurance and it is longer care than the regular psych hospital.

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Yes, often.
fudgybuddymom
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Start with taking your meds more regularly! Every time we had no money for it I would go off them-no good. (We usually spent the money on something we did not need!) I would get depressed & start crying again & would have the suicidal thoughts again. But now that I take my meds regularly,I feel & act much better. Do you have a psychiatrist that can help you get in to maybe even a partial hospital that takes a sliding scale payment? Same thing with therapy. Hope these ideas help! PS Why don't you have insurance?

lucy164
by Peggy on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Quoting lyrick24:

These are all good ideas from lyric and rho.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)