Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just need to Vent

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM
  • 7 Replies
So annoyed with my husband. My birthday is tomorrow and I have been saying all week I didn't want a party. All I want is to do something outdoors with him and maybe the kids. I have been having anxiety attacks all week and don't feel like being around people. I was told I'm and being selfish bc I didn't want to have a party. It's my birthday shouldn't I get to choose what I do! I appreciate the thought of him wanting to throw me a party but really don't want one. :( Well know I'm gonna have a crappy birthday tomorrow bc we have nothing planned bc he was spending time planning a party instead of an outdoor activity! :(
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by rho on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:30 AM

I'm sorry you aren't getting to do what you want to do for your birthday.

by Peggy on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Can't he plan an outdoor activity now?  It really wouldn't take much planning would it?  I wish you a Happy birthday!

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I am sorry. It's hard when our husband's don't listen to us and what we want/need.

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:01 PM

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} I would have thought after being around you all this time, he would be aware of your panic attacks, and known that you would have problems with stress around too many people.

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Sounds like a man ! men doesnt understand our feelings and depression . I'm Sorry .

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I like celebrating just with us, too.  One year, DH invited everyone over, and I was like fine we will watch movies and play a "You Don't Know Jack" so it's not just small chat central.  Don't like that.  That turned out okay.  I had one friend of his ask why they can't celebrate with us.  I would never intrude on someone else's want for their birthday that way!  If there's a party, sure I'll go but not push myself into finding out if someone is having one.  Hope you get to do what you wanted.  I get super bummed when my one day about me gets trampled on.  Last birthday turned out to be in the gutter because DH went to work and didn't even say Happy Birthday and I threw a major fit.  No fun to get in that mood, either. I'm super giving to my family and make sure they have a memorable birthday and what they want. 

Should put your foot down, so you're not in a sh*tty mood around everyone.  I know I get that way, but I don't mean it to be personal.  But it could be taken that way.  Is everyone already invited?  Maybe an excuse as to why it's been cancelled is in order.

“Mothers are all slightly insane.”
― J.D. SalingerThe Catcher in the Rye

going crazy

by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanks everyone! It ended up being better than I thought! My Aunt offered to watch the kids last min so we go to Trail we have around here and go on a lil bike ride. A friend got mad but I realized she isn't much of a friend is she couldn't understand that I didn't want a party bc I had been having a rough time and need space. My family understood and my husband finally did after we sat down and talked more. I had a really good birthday! I saw my dr and got back on meds and got to enjoy time with my husband and took some great pictures and my hubby made me dinner! :D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)