Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So tired of being fat

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:44 PM
  • 15 Replies
So I have done the hcg diet before and it worked but I gained it all back because I chose to gon back to eating bad things for me. So I've gotten back to the point of disgust for myself so I was going to do the hcg diet but I have friends and family trying to talk me out of it. So, I'm not even sure where I'm going with this but I guess I could just use some unbiased opinions.
I'm also currently 230 pounds so I have a lot to lose. Should I go on the hcg diet with intentions to continue eating right after our just do the slow and steady thing? If no to the hcg what would you suggest? Thx ladies
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
srltb143
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Ok, first I need to know exactly what the hcg diet is???  I know how you are feeling though, I'm in the situation basically.  I am bigger now than I have ever been in my life, and I hate it.  Started losing weight, and then I guess I just kinda fell off.  For me it is so hard to get motivated.  Why are your friends/family trying to talk you out of it?  I don't want to give any advice without knowing what the diet is....

srltb143
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:09 AM

If it's a safe diet, then I would say go for it, but I know there has to be a reason your loved ones don't want you doing it.  Also, I'm kinda guessing that this diet helps you drop weight fast.  If I found a way to drop it fast I would probably do it, and then once I got close to where I wanted my weight to be I would just switch to exercising regularly and somewhat watching what I eat...not overdoing it.  But that's just me.  The most important thing is that you try to lose the weight safely.  

momof1want1mor
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:55 AM
It's a 500 calorie a day diet with hcg injections which are used to help burn fat instead of muscle and you can lose a pound a day. They don't want me to do it bc I have before but went back to my old eating habits

Quoting srltb143:

Ok, first I need to know exactly what the hcg diet is???  I know how you are feeling though, I'm in the situation basically.  I am bigger now than I have ever been in my life, and I hate it.  Started losing weight, and then I guess I just kinda fell off.  For me it is so hard to get motivated.  Why are your friends/family trying to talk you out of it?  I don't want to give any advice without knowing what the diet is....

srltb143
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Is it safe for you?  If you know that it is, then I would go for it.  Fact is, it's hard to keep weight off...it's easy to go back and to gain the weight again.....we just have to keep trying.

BeAmour
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Atkins
SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Quoting momof1want1mor: It's a 500 calorie a day diet with hcg injections which are used to help burn fat instead of muscle and you can lose a pound a day. They don't want me to do it bc I have before but went back to my old eating habits
Quoting srltb143:

500 calories a day is not healthy.

Mrseoc
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Have you tried Paleo? Or Medeterranian? Both of these diets focus on consuming healthy fats. Healthy fats feed your body but do not get stoed in the same way that unhealthy fats do. Typically if your diet is truely perfect, you will naturally lose weight and maintain that loss.

By the way, if that's you in your wedding dress, you are not fat my friend, you look beautiful :)

Mackiesgg
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:49 PM

What is the hcg diet? Slow and sure seems to keep it off longer for me.

Mackiesgg
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:51 PM

500 a day puts your body in starvation mode. That cannot be good for you. I can't understand why a doc would recommend this.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I don't think that diet sounds safe. And you are not going to learn how to eat on it. I would do it by watching my carbs and fat and calorie intake. Look online for recipes you can fix. Sparkrecipes is a good site to get recipes. Also start exercising. Do a little bit at a time until you build yourself up. Walking is about the best thing you can do for yourself. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)