Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom poo-pooed my meds

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

My mom has been away for 3 weeks. She just called and I told her I was having a glass of wine. She said "Well that's a lot better than all the drugs." Just because I'm going off of Geodon doesn't mean I'm on less meds. I told her I started a new one (Abilify) and she said "Oy vey." I was annoyed.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Tracys2
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

It's so frustrating that the people who should care and you want to understand are like that :-(

elwalters77
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Sad when those closest too is don't understand and trivialize it. Thank goodness for this group!
MumsTheWord571
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM
How sad. My husband does the opposite. If I become upset or frustrated for any reason he asks if I've taken my medications. I hate that it's either one way or the other.
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:57 AM

obviously she just doesnt understand. im sorry shes not very supportive.

lucy164
by Peggy on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:21 AM

People of that generation really don't know much about mental illness.  Don't let her dissuade you from doing what is best for yourself.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:28 AM

people who don't have it don't get it.

Mackiesgg
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Tell her that when she gets her degree in medicine, you will take her advice. Most moms want their kids to feel better.

Mackiesgg
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

welcomeMy son gg and I all try to help each other remember our meds. Because we feel better when we take them.

Quoting MumsTheWord571: How sad. My husband does the opposite. If I become upset or frustrated for any reason he asks if I've taken my medications. I hate that it's either one way or the other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)