Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Need advice

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM
  • 14 Replies
I've been on latuda for about three weeks. My doctor prescribed a three months supply so I could get it cheaper through my insurance. It's already kicking my butt. I'm always tired. Moreso than when I was on geodon. I can barely function on it. I am honestly tempted to call my insurance and cancel the order. I know I need to be on something to regulate my moods but I hate the side effects. I also don't know if going on a supplement like Sam e will help me. I don't want to go against my doctor but I've tried nearly everything out there for bipolar disorder except the latuda. Any advice?
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM
I was taking latuda for 2 months. It wiped me out once I upped the dose and caused me to be in the bathroom all day. I didnt notice any benefits from taking it. I tried to keep going with I until my doc appt on Wednesday but I couldn't tolerate being physically sick all day so I stopped on saturday. I'm feeling better now.

I think 3 weeks is enough for that class of med to give it time to see if it works for you. If you find its not working call your doc. I too have been on all the meds. Some of them multiple times. I have to accept I have treatment resistant bipolar disorder. The meds just don't work for me

I have a vitamin d deficiency so I take a supplement. I also take b complex plus c for energy and am going to restart omegas for a mood boost. I also go to dbt and individual therapy to help with coping skills. I think learning to live with the ups and downs of bipolar is very important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 3:52 AM

everyone i hear about that takes latuda is always tired. i was afraid my dr might try to put me on that since i have had a recent med change. she put me on pristiq. but i am beginning to wonder if there is anything that will help me. i have been on most everything and like matreshka have tried things more than once. i havent had any dbt or cognitive therapy in a while and i think that might be an option for me soon.

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Do you feel better off of it and are you taking anything in place of it? The reason I ask is I am seriously done with being tired all the time and tempted to come off it on my own.

Quoting matreshka: I was taking latuda for 2 months. It wiped me out once I upped the dose and caused me to be in the bathroom all day. I didnt notice any benefits from taking it. I tried to keep going with I until my doc appt on Wednesday but I couldn't tolerate being physically sick all day so I stopped on saturday. I'm feeling better now.

I think 3 weeks is enough for that class of med to give it time to see if it works for you. If you find its not working call your doc. I too have been on all the meds. Some of them multiple times. I have to accept I have treatment resistant bipolar disorder. The meds just don't work for me

I have a vitamin d deficiency so I take a supplement. I also take b complex plus c for energy and am going to restart omegas for a mood boost. I also go to dbt and individual therapy to help with coping skills. I think learning to live with the ups and downs of bipolar is very important.
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:25 AM

I'm going through withdrawls and I get really overstimulated in the early evening, but I have my energy back.  I still have nausea and diarhea, I'm waiting for that to go away and I hope it does soon.  Overall though, I'm glad I'm off of it and I'm going to stay off of all anti-psychotics and anti-depressants because either they havent worked at all or gave me side effects which I just cant live with

Quoting dizzy77702: Do you feel better off of it and are you taking anything in place of it? The reason I ask is I am seriously done with being tired all the time and tempted to come off it on my own.
Quoting matreshka: I was taking latuda for 2 months. It wiped me out once I upped the dose and caused me to be in the bathroom all day. I didnt notice any benefits from taking it. I tried to keep going with I until my doc appt on Wednesday but I couldn't tolerate being physically sick all day so I stopped on saturday. I'm feeling better now. I think 3 weeks is enough for that class of med to give it time to see if it works for you. If you find its not working call your doc. I too have been on all the meds. Some of them multiple times. I have to accept I have treatment resistant bipolar disorder. The meds just don't work for me I have a vitamin d deficiency so I take a supplement. I also take b complex plus c for energy and am going to restart omegas for a mood boost. I also go to dbt and individual therapy to help with coping skills. I think learning to live with the ups and downs of bipolar is very important.

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Is your doctor ok with that?

Quoting matreshka:

I'm going through withdrawls and I get really overstimulated in the early evening, but I have my energy back.  I still have nausea and diarhea, I'm waiting for that to go away and I hope it does soon.  Overall though, I'm glad I'm off of it and I'm going to stay off of all anti-psychotics and anti-depressants because either they havent worked at all or gave me side effects which I just cant live with

Quoting dizzy77702: Do you feel better off of it and are you taking anything in place of it? The reason I ask is I am seriously done with being tired all the time and tempted to come off it on my own.

Quoting matreshka: I was taking latuda for 2 months. It wiped me out once I upped the dose and caused me to be in the bathroom all day. I didnt notice any benefits from taking it. I tried to keep going with I until my doc appt on Wednesday but I couldn't tolerate being physically sick all day so I stopped on saturday. I'm feeling better now.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Well, I see her today and I'm nervous.  I don't want to be on meds and feel that it is my decision.  I've been forcefully medicated before and I don't want them to do that to me again.

Quoting dizzy77702: Is your doctor ok with that?
Quoting matreshka:

Quoting matreshka: I was taking latuda for 2 months. It wiped me out once I upped the dose and caused me to be in the bathroom all day. I didnt notice any benefits from taking it. I tried to keep going with I until my doc appt on Wednesday but I couldn't tolerate being physically sick all day so I stopped on saturday. I'm feeling better now. I think 3 weeks is enough for that class of med to give it time to see if it works for you. If you find its not working call your doc. I too have been on all the meds. Some of them multiple times. I have to accept I have treatment resistant bipolar disorder. The meds just don't work for me I have a vitamin d deficiency so I take a supplement. I also take b complex plus c for energy and am going to restart omegas for a mood boost. I also go to dbt and individual therapy to help with coping skills. I think learning to live with the ups and downs of bipolar is very important.

AnnaJiang
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I know many people are taking this stress release kit.  It worked for them. One guy I know he felt the difference and he can function well now. There is no side effect--all natural products.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:46 PM

i would call my doctor tell how bad your feeling . or make an appt. to see the doctor. sincerely

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Keep trying medication

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:32 PM
He gets frustrated when I call. He's more concerned about the bipolar disorder than the fact I can't function on these Meds. He keeps telling me to take the Meds and then well work on the tiredness. But the tiredness makes me more depressed. I can't focus on anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

i would call my doctor tell how bad your feeling . or make an appt. to see the doctor. sincerely

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)