Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Thinking negative?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I and my daughter playing at our backyard, when my neighbour and family were out at their backyard.

I said hi and went behind my daughter to swing set. Then i started conversation with my neighbour " ready for summer?" she replied : we are going in late for dinner. And asked me,  u have house full of kids in your home day care. I replied i have just two. And she went in. didn't even say bye.

What i did worng? just thinking about me and my nature. did i do any thing worng. please help.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:00 AM
3 moms liked this

you didnt do anything wrong. some people are just like that. it sounds like she is trying to keep up with your business instead of being a friend. i would  just leave her alone and then if she wants to strike up a conversation, i would respond and see what she had to say. but you did not do anything wrong.

lucy164
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:09 AM

The only thing that you did wrong was to move next to a nosy rude neighbor and how could you possibly know that in advance? I would have nothing to do with her after that remark.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Thank you both. Really after depressed last night, i am relieved this morning from that negative thought.

From my heart a big thank you to you both.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Maybe she has issues or something on her mind, and was struggling to talk?

You sound just fine!

I know how hard it is and how easy to second-guess, when we feel bad about ourselves

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Shall i open up the talk? like is the kids loud or bothering like that?

Quoting Tracys2:

You sound just fine!

I know how hard it is and how easy to second-guess, when we feel bad about ourselves

elwalters77
by Erica on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:10 AM
You did nothing wrong. She is either socially awkward or self absorbed and rude. Don't let her behavior impact how you feel about yourself.
elwalters77
by Erica on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:10 AM
You did nothing wrong. She is either socially awkward or self absorbed and rude. Don't let her behavior impact how you feel about yourself.
lucy164
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

If I were you I would just stay clear of her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Shall i open up the talk? like is the kids loud or bothering like that?

Quoting Tracys2:

You sound just fine!

captainjack
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Some people are rude.  She is not worth the worrying

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2014 at 4:50 PM

This attitude i am seeing it for first time. That is why i was concerned. 

They are my neighbour for 3 years now.  Few times shared cookies that's all. I have cleaned their snow and ice when they are around.

Quoting Anonymous:

I and my daughter playing at our backyard, when my neighbour and family were out at their backyard.

I said hi and went behind my daughter to swing set. Then i started conversation with my neighbour " ready for summer?" she replied : we are going in late for dinner. And asked me,  u have house full of kids in your home day care. I replied i have just two. And she went in. didn't even say bye.

What i did worng? just thinking about me and my nature. did i do any thing worng. please help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)