Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Leave it in the past already!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
... Is what my husband said to me because I had to deal with an emotional abusive mother and sister for years and I talk about it whenever It's bothering me, the only reason why it's a problem now and bothering me so much is because I had to move in with them in December and it's all coming back to me, I'm starting to feel like I need to really stop talking about it and get over it. Everyone I tried Explaining my story to never seem to get it or just feel like I should get over it, I'm beginning to think it's just me.... My husband said "life is tough, get over it and move on, I'm tired of hearing you talk about them"
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Yes I have, I am waiting on my insurance.,.thanks so much for understanding! :-)

Quoting srltb143:

I think it was a really insensitive thing for him to say to you.  I'm so sorry.  Have you thought about talking to a counselor so that you can hopefully work through some of it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:24 AM
I am looking into therapist, I'm just having some insurance issues...i'm happy that therapy is working for you! :-)

Quoting lyrick24: Obviously it is bothering you. I'm sorry no one understands and that your husband doesn't understand. I have an emotionally abusive daughter and it really hurts. Are you in therapy for this? I started therapy and it is helping. Sometimes it helps to have someone to talk to and listen to you who is not going to criticize you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! Sharing a few kind words seem to be sooo hard for him, smh...thanks a lot :-)

Quoting happyolechimp: im sorry...that's how most people are too...they want to get away from you if you try and tell them anything....but a husband needs to be different...
if you clam up...pretend...smiles....pretend...everything else is okay...too much...
ny husband said that....once....if he can't help me by shutting his mouth when im in broken state...then...I'll share...NOTHING..with him...
nothing...
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband never told me to get over my childhood abuse. I did heal from my abuse. I have made peace with my past. I have move on with my life. It is a good feeling!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2014 at 12:10 PM
It must be a good feeling, i am happy you are in a better place! :-)

Quoting Serenity7:

My husband never told me to get over my childhood abuse. I did heal from my abuse. I have made peace with my past. I have move on with my life. It is a good feeling!!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Quoting leahbeah143: Hugs it's hard for people to understand if they haven't been through it themselves

richjess82
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:40 PM

My so tried to say something similar the other day and I responded with " If you were stabbed in the gut, would me telling you 'just stop bleeding' make it happen,or would you require more help than that?"  It made him shutup and realize that what is going on is important and not something you just "get over".  Have you tried therapy?  Talking to an impartial person can really help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2014 at 4:49 PM
I am so going to use that! Because I don't know how else to explain it to this man... I will be trying therapy soon. I've never been so eager to talk about something, I've been holding it all in for years and I just feel like it's time. Thanks for understanding :-)

Quoting richjess82:

My so tried to say something similar the other day and I responded with " If you were stabbed in the gut, would me telling you 'just stop bleeding' make it happen,or would you require more help than that?"  It made him shutup and realize that what is going on is important and not something you just "get over".  Have you tried therapy?  Talking to an impartial person can really help.

Memere60
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:26 PM

You are not still living with your mother and sister, I hope?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:46 AM
I moved here in December, yes

Quoting Memere60:

You are not still living with your mother and sister, I hope?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN