Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Leave it in the past already!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
... Is what my husband said to me because I had to deal with an emotional abusive mother and sister for years and I talk about it whenever It's bothering me, the only reason why it's a problem now and bothering me so much is because I had to move in with them in December and it's all coming back to me, I'm starting to feel like I need to really stop talking about it and get over it. Everyone I tried Explaining my story to never seem to get it or just feel like I should get over it, I'm beginning to think it's just me.... My husband said "life is tough, get over it and move on, I'm tired of hearing you talk about them"
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Replies (21-28):
captainjack
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:54 PM

So sorry people don't ever want to hear the bad stuff especially family

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM
I realize, until they're ready to talk about their issues, smh... Thanks :-)

Quoting captainjack:

captainjack
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: I realize, until they're ready to talk about their issues, smh... Thanks :-)
Quoting captainjack:

Isn't that the truth.

Memere60
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:01 AM

You and your husband are living with your mother and sister ? You have absolutely nowhere else to go?

Quoting Anonymous: I moved here in December, yes
Quoting Memere60:

You are not still living with your mother and sister, I hope?

Kaaden
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you are getting therapy soon.  I think it saved my life!  I know you'll get a lot of benefit from it.

when dh or anyone says 'get over it' try replying " wow, what a great idea!  I'll just get over it shall I?  I wonder why I didn't think of that before?"  A little sarcasm goes a long way I reckon!

luvmia
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. You must have been looking into the window of my life. My mother and sister were BOTH mentally & physically abusive. So I understand where you are coming from. I am so glad that bitch I call my sister is dead.

I find that people whom say things like what your husband said are very insensitive and cold hearted. PTSD isn't something that you just can "get over and move on with life". If that was the case I would have been able to do so a long time ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Thank you! That's a good one :-)...

Quoting Kaaden:

Glad you are getting therapy soon.  I think it saved my life!  I know you'll get a lot of benefit from it.

when dh or anyone says 'get over it' try replying " wow, what a great idea!  I'll just get over it shall I?  I wonder why I didn't think of that before?"  A little sarcasm goes a long way I reckon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Im sorry you had to go through what you went through *huggs*... he just can't get why I can't just "get over it" smh... Thanks for understanding :-)

Quoting luvmia: Hugs. You must have been looking into the window of my life. My mother and sister were BOTH mentally & physically abusive. So I understand where you are coming from. I am so glad that bitch I call my sister is dead.

I find that people whom say things like what your husband said are very insensitive and cold hearted. PTSD isn't something that you just can "get over and move on with life". If that was the case I would have been able to do so a long time ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN