Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I need help for my sister

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:54 AM
  • 6 Replies
Our dad died of a heart attack while driving on Christmas Eve, he was brought back thanks to one ambulance worker who refused to give up.. But he was brain dead and my mom had to make the choice to pull the plug on Christmas Day... About 2wks later our mom suffered from a stroke, leaving her paralyzed and more than likely wheelchair bound... My sister is the one who noticed my mom having a stroke and called for help...
My sister is 11yrs old....
I can see her depressed, she has a therapist but I don't know if it's helping...
She's been very moody and there's no joking around with her.. She will go in her room and stay there all day..
This morning while cleaning up dirty clothes I found a knife, one of the sharp ceramic knife.. It was under clothes and where she normally sits when she gets in her moods..
I just don't know what to think... I honestly didn't think she was that depressed to think about that, I have been that depressed, and I haven't seen any signs...
I'm doing the best I possibly can, I'm taking care of her and her brother(he's 13yr and has more emotional problems than she does)... And along with my 3 kids... And trying to keep the house from going into foreclosure and trying my best to keep everything going not only in my home but in theirs too...
I just don't know what to do, I'm trying so hard...
____
Edit
I didn't talk to her therapist but I talked to my brothers mobile therapist.. Bc she asked how she was doing and it just spilled out... She called the crisis therapist who had me bring her in right away.. So as I'm typing this she's being evaluated and very possible being hospitalized... I did talk to her and she said she doesn't know how the knife got there and she doesn't want to kill herself.. But she's so great at lying and not letting people know how she feels it's hard to figure it all out...
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lucy164
by Peggy on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, the poor kid.  Did you let her therapist know about the knife?

You have so much on your plate right now.  I admire you for keeping the family together.

I am sorry for your loss too.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh man, that's got to be rough on everybody! Are you able to have a conversation with her therapist? The poor kid is probably traumatized and doesn't know how to express herself.

Jessbecause85
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Bump for the update
Thanks ladies
Mackiesgg
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Please do NOT let this go! I have a grandgirl who has been cutting since the first part of the year. She has been in therapy for years and this just started. She has a couple of friends who have stopped cutting through intensive therapy and I know this is where the idea came from. She would rather have the release from cutting than from crying. If she is not cutting yet, she is thinking about it or suicide. My gg has dreams and thoughts of suicide. Please get rid of razors and knives and such. Lock them where she can't get to them. My gg has brought razor blades home from her mom's place, and her mom know this is going on. Please, please stay on top of this. I don't know what her brother is going thruogh but he needs close wathcing too. You have your hands full, thank God they have you in their corner.

welcome  Welcome aboard. We all do our best to help each other here. You have come to a good place.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:29 AM
That is so sad. I'm so sorry you all have had to go through this. Your sister is getting help and that is what's best for her. Just be there for her while she is grieving all of this.
leila11
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:25 PM
For little thing!!!! Life is so hard sometimes.we need good therapists!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)