Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

on the edge.....

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM
  • 3 Replies

I am SO on the edge right now.

Yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back. My SS11 hit me in the face several times ON PURPOSE, and laughed. This same SS hit his younger brother (6) on the back with a stick the day before, giving him a welt, then earlier in the morning yesterday (before he hit me), he had hit his brother again, first thing after he got out of bed. I almost lost it on him. I shoved him away from me, and screamed at him that he was lucky I don't kick him in the teeth.

I am sick of my life. I married a man with 4 children, despite my history of PTSD related to being sexually assaulted, and despite my better judgement, that men canNOT be trusted (which, FYI, THEY CAN'T!).

He made it clear the first several months of our marriage what he needed me for: sex, and to provide for his children.

I should just come to grips with that reality, and deal with it, because there is only one other alternative.

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mackiesgg
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:43 AM

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I am sorry that this child's father can't make him understand that hitting others is NOT ok. No matter who they are. Would he do this at school? If not, then he knows that it is not right. Your husband married you under false pretenses if you were not made aware of his intentions before you married him. Is there something the 11 year old is very attached to, like a video game? Start taking things away from him when he misbehaves. If dad doen't like that idea, tell him to handle it or you will keep removing things from the boy's use.

m0m0f06
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:42 PM

The kid has ADHD and the lack of impulse control is part of the ADHD. Which is what was going on.

He was trying to see if he's "almost as tall as" me (he comes to my shoulder). So I stood there and let him measure, which was the first time he hit me in the forehead. I told him that he needed to keep his hand level, and tried to even guide his hand so it stayed straight. He shoved his hand as hard as he could and repeatedly pulse-hit me on the chin, which was when I shoved him from me. DH was standing behind me and saw what happened.

After I screamed at the boy, AND at myhusband to get out of my way so I could leave the room rather than punch the kid in the face, DH did yell at him as well for hitting me.

Quoting flowrsgalore:

This 11 year old is on one bad path. what does dad say about this hitting bussiness?

Mackiesgg
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My youngest son is still adhd and 40 he would never dream of hitting me. He gives his girls who are also adhd and all are bipolar, a bad time if they even sass me. Todd's doc at 6 told us that he was a little behind in maturity and that we should correct him as we would a younger child. As he quickly matured as the meds worked he would catch up fast. She was  a psychiatric pediatrician who saw no one but hyper active kids. She took a sabatical and we lost her dammit. She was awesome. But one thing she stressed was do not let them run over you and do not say something if you are not going to follow through with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN