Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Dark Place

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:03 AM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

I feel myself entering that "dark place" and there is not a thing I can do about it. I am just gonna have to roll with it. Overall, I know that I have to be strong but today I am haunted and the weight of it hurts my heart.  The depression is so heavy and suffocating. I work hard at being well. Have been in therapy since 2009. Never miss a doctors appointment. Take my meds. Spend time with my child just being a big kid myself. It's the world that comes in and the people around me are toxic at times.  Just oblivious to the damage they can cause. Is it their fault for being foolish or mine for being weak? Who knows? I just know that being judged and invisible is painful. To have feelings that are not validated, wants that don't matter and to reach out to be pushed away can hurt the best of us. To those of us already battling depression it's a hard blow.

So, I don't expect today to be a good day but I am expecting tomorrow to be a much better one. Some days are better than others.

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry your having a bad day. Its important for your wellness to get toxic people out of your life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happyolechimp
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:32 PM
3 moms liked this
i totally get it...they're out there...waiting to pounce...they are cruel ...selfish...ego people..
i understand... ;-)
lucy164
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you just cut the toxic people out of your life?  I did that and my life is so much better now.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

you are not a weak person. depression does not mean that we are weak. in fact you are very strong for continuing to see your therapist and take your meds and be a big kid with your child. depression and overcomeing it does take work and i am in the midst of that right now. keep working at it and i hope you find happiness.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!
SpiritFortress
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:05 PM

I'm sorry you are feeling bad today. I hope your day has improved since you posted this. Your intention to just roll with it is a good idea, a healthy response. I respond to symptoms like that sometimes too. Just rolling with what comes, taking a nap if I need one, re-reading coping ideas to make it through the rough patch of time. You are not a weak person. I'm a sensitive person and toxic people affect me in a bad way sometimes too. I distance myself from toxic people. It's important to do for my happiness, my survival. I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you. *caring*

naj2013
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:53 PM
This is exactly how I felt today, all day! I'm not sure why but I think I might be suffering from depression or PTSD or something, I had no energy for any thing and I hardly ate...I'm sorry you're going through this, hold up and I'm happy you're looking forward for a much better day tomorrow, that's a good start! :-)
Memere60
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm lucky. Because I don't work, I can stay home and read all day if I want to. I'm very careful about the people I let into my life. If someone hurts me (usually without realizing it), my husband or daughter help me through it (the best they can). I hate being too sensitive, but I've been this way all my life. Just take things a day at a time.

luvmia
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Hugs. I know the feeling. I find that sometimes it is best to stay in the house when I am too "fragile". There are a lot of hateful a$$ people in the world and I cant wait until God gives them their just-deserves.
LMama614
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:07 AM

I am one by one. It is a work in progress.

Quoting lucy164:

Can you just cut the toxic people out of your life?  I did that and my life is so much better now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)