Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Job Interview

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have another job interview tomorrow.  So nervous.  I have been to several now and have still not gotten a job.  I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what.  I know I get so nervous and anxious!  The interview tomorrow will be especially hard for me to get through as my grandmother passed away this morning.  Any advice ladies?

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CherrieFaeries
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 11:15 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

Try to focus on the company. Try to look at it as though you are having a conversation about the company and yourself and that's it. An exchange of info. Do not mention your loss unless they ask if something is wrong because you are crying. Otherwise it's just a convo. GL
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Hugs I am sorry for your loss!

What kind of jobs are you interviewing for?
srltb143
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Thanks

Quoting CherrieFaeries: I am sorry for your loss. Try to focus on the company. Try to look at it as though you are having a conversation about the company and yourself and that's it. An exchange of info. Do not mention your loss unless they ask if something is wrong because you are crying. Otherwise it's just a convo. GL

srltb143
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Thank you.

The place is a big gas station/restaurant/truck stop type setup.  They also do emergency roadside assistance.  They have several positions open right now, and I told the lady who called about the interview that I would be happy with whatever job position she wants to place me in.  I know they're hiring for dispatcher, cashier, fuel desk clerk, and someone to work the counter in the restaurant.  Either way it would be a much needed paycheck coming in so I'd be happy.  

I'd really love a job doing secretarial work, but have not had much luck.  I've basically been applying anywhere hiring around my area.  

Quoting leahbeah143: Hugs I am sorry for your loss! What kind of jobs are you interviewing for?

lucy164
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:50 AM

I'm sorry about your grandmother.

I wish you luck at the interview.fingers crossed

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:18 AM

I'm sorry about your grandmother passing.  Stay strong and be positive at the interview, that's what she would have wanted for you.  Good Luck!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:03 AM

good luck! I hope they have something to offer you!

Quoting srltb143:

Thank you.

The place is a big gas station/restaurant/truck stop type setup.  They also do emergency roadside assistance.  They have several positions open right now, and I told the lady who called about the interview that I would be happy with whatever job position she wants to place me in.  I know they're hiring for dispatcher, cashier, fuel desk clerk, and someone to work the counter in the restaurant.  Either way it would be a much needed paycheck coming in so I'd be happy.  

I'd really love a job doing secretarial work, but have not had much luck.  I've basically been applying anywhere hiring around my area.  

Quoting leahbeah143: Hugs I am sorry for your loss! What kind of jobs are you interviewing for?

happyolechimp
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:12 AM
your grandmas spirit will be with you....
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Try some deep breathing before you go in or listen to relaxing music on your way. So sorry about your grandmother.
srltb143
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Thank you lyrick

Quoting lyrick24: Try some deep breathing before you go in or listen to relaxing music on your way. So sorry about your grandmother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)