Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Stuck

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I don't love my husband anymore.but I'm not in the position to leave him either.i still need to get legal..and I have a daughter infant and I have no education or means.i feel like I need to stay married to my husband for at least another couple if years..but I am playing family with his family and mine..essentially for my and my daughters benefit.i just don't love him and I don't even know what I ever saw in him.i adore my daughter and don't regret her. I have grown to like his mother..but I don't see us ever being in love again.... Advice? Xx I know it's just stupid. But I guess life doesn't always work out as we plan....
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmia
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM
It sounds like you got married to become legal and not because you loved him a lot. The best thing I can tell you is to try to make the marriage work for the sake of having a happy family for your daugjters. If he doesnt abuse you and your daughters then it is a better marriage than most women have.
lucy164
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:10 AM

The only thing I can tell you is make the best of it.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Have you thought about marriage counseling? If you two have a daughter together it would be worth exhausting all possibilities to see if you can make it work. What specifically makes you not love him anymore? He he doing something wrong?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:23 AM
I've been illegal for twelve years..so I didn't marry him to get legal.

Quoting luvmia: It sounds like you got married to become legal and not because you loved him a lot. The best thing I can tell you is to try to make the marriage work for the sake of having a happy family for your daugjters. If he doesnt abuse you and your daughters then it is a better marriage than most women have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:36 AM
I married him and waited to be with him for a looooong time.i wanted to have a child with him more than anything.but the last years of being treated like crap have worn on me.that's how I feel.i can't fake it.he knows how I feel.i don't see how staying in a marriage for the sake of the children teaches them anything but to be a victim in life

Quoting luvmia: It sounds like you got married to become legal and not because you loved him a lot. The best thing I can tell you is to try to make the marriage work for the sake of having a happy family for your daugjters. If he doesnt abuse you and your daughters then it is a better marriage than most women have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:05 AM
I think that may help.he works constantly.doesnt help.im going to get a career.hea not a terrible person.hes just so emotionally unavailable it's ridiculous.Im working really hard to fix things.I just find it hard to trust men.ive seen a lot if selfish behavior and I don't want my daughter to see her mother made a fool out if and have that as a role model.thanks for your advice.when he isn't working so much I'm going to do couples therapy.thanks

Quoting lyrick24: Have you thought about marriage counseling? If you two have a daughter together it would be worth exhausting all possibilities to see if you can make it work. What specifically makes you not love him anymore? He he doing something wrong?
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry that you're in that situation.

Do you have family you can stay with until you get back on your feet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Nope.but working thru it.its so nice to gent here though.the support can be so amazing.thankyou

Quoting leahbeah143:

I'm sorry that you're in that situation.

Do you have family you can stay with until you get back on your feet?

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is two diffrent men...one is amazing and the other selfish, neglecful, and abussive. I've stayed much longer than I probably should have so all I can say is good luck. I wonder if I still love my husband and I envy those who look happy with their partner but to leave any marriage with children is a very hard and very personal choice!

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Plus my husband and I do have good days so that makes it harder to leave...do you two at least get along?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)