Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Let's get to know each other! Please introduce yourself here...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi,

Thank you for joining Depression Support Center!

Feeling depressed or anxious? This is the place for you to connect with other moms about any emotional health issues you are facing.

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayKelly

Here are some helpful links:

Check put some of these great posts in the group!

Share Your Best Mood Boosters!

Where to Turn for Help

Daily Check-In

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM
3 moms liked this
Hi all, I am far from new here, but I want to introduce myself again.
I am Jazi. I'm a married 25 year old WAHM of 2 little girls. Leana is 3.5 yrs old and Ella will be 6 months in a few days. They are my world.
I am here because I have suffered from depression, severe anxiety and PTSD since I was 9 years old. I do not medicate any more, after a bad incident about 2 years ago, but I have things mostly under control. I am a big advocate of natural methods and coping mechanisms and feel that if used correctly can be very affective, although I understand it is not the same for everyone and do not judge those that prefer pharmaceuticals.
I love making friends and helping others, so feel free to message me if you ever need someone to vent to or just need someone to listen. :)
anstedmommy
by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm Terri I'm 26 I became a Mom at 21. I have 2 kids a 4 year old girl who I no longer have in my care But do have contact with on regular basis ( long story will explain if needed or wanted) and a 5 month old little boy:) I'm in Texas. And I'm here to make friends and be able to have people to support me and also help with what comes with raising a boy
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting anstedmommy: I'm Terri I'm 26 I became a Mom at 21. I have 2 kids a 4 year old girl who I no longer have in my care But do have contact with on regular basis ( long story will explain if needed or wanted) and a 5 month old little boy:) I'm in Texas. And I'm here to make friends and be able to have people to support me and also help with what comes with raising a boy

welcome  terri! my name is melissa and i a moderator for this group. if you ever need to vent or someone to talk to just do so or message me and we can keep it private.  i am a good listener and dont believe in bashing people. hope you enjoy the group. theres a lot of nice ladies here with a lot of good advice.

Texan35
by New Member on May. 17, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Hey, I'm new around here.  :waves:

I have one dd, she's 14. I'm a sahm.

I have struggled with depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. I quit working about 5-6 years ago because I had a nervous breakdown.  It was not pretty. 

Most of the time, it's not bad, really.  I'm on zoloft and it helps. But I also live with almost constant, chronic back pain (kind of a long story and not at all interesting) which makes it hard.  It sometimes makes me feel absolutely crazy.  When my pain is bad, my depression is bad.  And lately, it's been pretty darn bad.

magan87
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

i can so relate to you i had the same thing happen to me 2009 befor i had my soon i was at work and i had to go to the hospital it was not pretty. i haven't seek serious help yet but its getting so hard for me and i don't know where to begin i cant work with others or be in a serious relationship.i find my self sleeping more drinking water more but not to much eating i have heel spure and trying to deal with that at the same time and my doc want let me get surgery i cant stand, walk, set or lay down with out this horrible pain in my right bottom foot

Quoting Texan35:

I have struggled with depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. I quit working about 5-6 years ago because I had a nervous breakdown.  It was not pretty. 

Most of the time, it's not bad, really.  I'm on zoloft and it helps. But I also live with almost constant, chronic back pain (kind of a long story and not at all interesting) which makes it hard.  It sometimes makes me feel absolutely crazy.  When my pain is bad, my depression is bad.  And lately, it's been pretty darn bad.

Texan35
by New Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Why won't he let you get surgery? 

Is your name Magan?  My dd's name is Meagan.  :)

Quoting magan87:

i can so relate to you i had the same thing happen to me 2009 befor i had my soon i was at work and i had to go to the hospital it was not pretty. i haven't seek serious help yet but its getting so hard for me and i don't know where to begin i cant work with others or be in a serious relationship.i find my self sleeping more drinking water more but not to much eating i have heel spure and trying to deal with that at the same time and my doc want let me get surgery i cant stand, walk, set or lay down with out this horrible pain in my right bottom foot

Quoting Texan35:

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on May. 19, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Hello and welcome to the group ((hugs)).

My son is 5, I'm here if you have any questions.

Quoting anstedmommy: I'm Terri I'm 26 I became a Mom at 21. I have 2 kids a 4 year old girl who I no longer have in my care But do have contact with on regular basis ( long story will explain if needed or wanted) and a 5 month old little boy:) I'm in Texas. And I'm here to make friends and be able to have people to support me and also help with what comes with raising a boy

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on May. 19, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Hello and welcome to the group. There are a lot of really supportive ladies in here.

Quoting Texan35:

BusyLizzysmom
by New Member on May. 20, 2014 at 4:12 AM
Hello everyone I'm Meghan. I'm 21 and a first time mom. My daughter is seven months old and adhd we think just like her dad. Having a child was a extremely eye opening and tear filled road. I love to share and listen. I'm new on here so bare with me if I'm slow to reply.
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM
hi terri and welcome :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)