Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it me or him?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:36 AM
  • 4 Replies
So my guy and I have been having some problems. He says I am always negative n he can't deal with it anymore. He left for a few days and tells me that the negativity has to stop. So for the past three days, I have been trying to stay positive and keep the bad thoughts from creeping up on me. Tonight, I have this epiphany and I was so excited to tell him about it. We were talking and I tell him how the day went and I tell him about my epiphany. He then tells me that is great but its not enough to make him want to come home. Okay, so what will it take? Do you still need some time? Are you wanting to come home or is this basically your way of telling me that you are done? No reply what so ever. What am I supposed to take from this. I told him is lack of response is hurtful and not knowing what is going on isnt fair to me. I told him I am being real here and asking questions. Still no response. Then I tell hm how this makes me question his true intentions and it's not fair for me to have to work hard on changing my way of thinking if he refuses to open up to me. Still no response from him but now I am really upset because I want things to be better between us and live out our lives together likewe have planned. But he makes it so difficult not to have doubt when he won't talk to me. I don't know what to do here. Things need to be said, but when I say them, I get ignored and that doesnt solve anything. I don't know anyone that is eternally happy and I am not being jerk when I try to talk to him, so what am I supposed to do to get my problems resolved???????
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 4, 2014 at 2:23 AM

it sounds like he needs time to get over all this. i just hope he is not using this as an excuse to not make the relationship work. you dont know whats going on in his mind since he wont talk and that is not fair to you.  see if he will agree to therapy with you. that is about the only thing i would recommend to someone who wont express what they are thinking.

MissMackiesgg
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Back off and let him make the first move. Maybe that distance will remind him that he has something great going here!!!

lucy164
by Peggy on May. 4, 2014 at 7:21 AM
I like MissMackie's idea about you backing off. Let him figure out for himself what he wants in your relationship.
leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Hugs! I know it's hard, but try to give yourself and him some space. Focus on you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)