Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am ok being alone

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:16 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

This quote is what I am working on right now. I am currently in a partial hospitialization program which means that monday thru friday I go there from 9-230 and there is alot of different therapies ie.. big group, small group, family, individual. it is alot of work and most of the time I dont want to be there but signed myself up for it because I knew that my moods were effecting my children and that is the last thing that I wanted. So right now I am working on my self worth and and being ok being alone. I am just starting on the road and it seems like a long one to be on but I think with support I can manage. I have been in a relationship for 5 years and he just couldnt stop lying about everything. and I am working on giving my kids a better life and he is just content skating by in life and that is just not me. I have realized that he is just dragging me down and that will not work for our kids. I need to be a happier person alone before I can be ok with a relationship and I also need to learn to expect more from a partner than just the first person that is willing to date someone with kids.

butterflyRachel

by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy404204
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:46 AM

BUMP!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 4, 2014 at 12:07 PM

im glad you are working and making progress. i hope it all works out.

pajarito
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Good for you! It takes a lot of strength to go through with something you really don't want to do but that you know is for the best in the long run. You're setting a great example for your kids. I don't know you, but I'm proud of you!

mommy404204
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM

thank you both. I am just so stressed right now and my mind always seems to be going in soo many different directions.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 4, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Good for you! It took me years of being in a crappy relationship to realize I deserved better, and while being alone is a bit scary at first, it really helps you learn what you what and need and gives you a chance to focus on yourself
Tracys2
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Good for you!

MissMackiesgg
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:38 PM

ALRIGHTY GIRL!!!!! You are making progress. It is so hard to see that in ourselves. Good work and it is work. Keep it up. As for your head going in different directions, that is how my son describes his adhd. And he is also bi-polar and has anger problems.

good       clapping

mommy404204
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:38 PM

BUMP!

MissMackiesgg
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:43 PM

And  welcome welcome aboard. I like your butterfly.

lucy164
by Peggy on May. 4, 2014 at 6:53 PM
It sounds like you are learning a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)