Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
Thanks to all of you. Today I'm having a kinda hard time with my 17month old DD. I'm a SAHM, I do every thing for her.....but she would rather have daddy than do anything with or near me. She pushes me away. I know she doesn't understand how it hurts but is does. I cry a lot because of this. It just makes me so sad.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2014 at 3:55 AM

im sorry you are having a bad day. im sure your daughter loves you.

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:38 AM
hi hun....moms the villian..the eat your peas..get your shoes on....here's your coat...no..no...enforcer...if dads off to work all day...comes in and plays....their hero...
if he's a good dad...that's great....
and you're a good mom...somebody has to parent..and teach...how it goes..
alyciaarias
by on May. 5, 2014 at 4:48 AM
Well what makes me so upset is that he hasn't been a good dad until recently. He's been off doing his own thing. Leaving me to do ALL the work/pay. I don't get it. Maybe I should not take care of her like he does and she'll like me. I feel that she doesn't even want me around. When she cries and I try to comfort her she just pushes me away and screams for Dada even when he is gone.

Quoting happyolechimp: hi hun....moms the villian..the eat your peas..get your shoes on....here's your coat...no..no...enforcer...if dads off to work all day...comes in and plays....their hero...
happyolechimp
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 5:01 AM
with no help from the father...you're in a frustrating situation....the parenting...cleaning...cooking ..homemaking all become dreaded chores....not enjoyed....
if she sees that frustration coming out...you're the villian to her....but you can change it...she's young has no idea of the workload...
be good to yourself...set aside playtime...snuggle time..let her see the other happy side of mom...
and unless someones whispering in her ear.."moms mean"...other negatives...which happens...
you gotta chance...take it hun...make a good relationship with her..

Quoting alyciaarias: Well what makes me so upset is that he hasn't been a good dad until recently. He's been off doing his own thing. Leaving me to do ALL the work/pay. I don't get it. Maybe I should not take care of her like he does and she'll like me. I feel that she doesn't even want me around. When she cries and I try to comfort her she just pushes me away and screams for Dada even when he is gone.

Quoting happyolechimp: hi hun....moms the villian..the eat your peas..get your shoes on....here's your coat...no..no...enforcer...if dads off to work all day...comes in and plays....their hero...
lucy164
by Peggy on May. 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Little girls are known to be closer to dad at this early stage. Don't take it personally She sees you all day and you probably say Daddy's home!! like it's a big deal. Don't worry she loves you more than you could imagine.
leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM

*hugs*

MissMackiesgg
by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:59 AM

She is just at that stage, they all go through it. Doesn't make it any easier on us moms but she will switch back soon.

MissMackiesgg
by on May. 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM

What she says!!!!!!

Quoting happyolechimp: hi hun....moms the villian..the eat your peas..get your shoes on....here's your coat...no..no...enforcer...if dads off to work all day...comes in and plays....their hero... if he's a good dad...that's great.... and you're a good mom...somebody has to parent..and teach...how it goes..

deltathree
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM

*Hugs.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)