Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Spiraling into the blah's

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

Usually I'm pretty good at recognizing the things that set my depression off, but this time I seem to have missed the signs completely and now I just want to curl into a ball and cry.

Dh is gone until next month sometime for work, his cell phone is completely shut off bc of his work as well so I have no idea when I'll next get to talk to him. Mother's Day is coming up and I was planning on spending it w/ my kids and trying to keep my mind off the fact that it will be year 2 since my own mother's death. My Nana called the other day and must have reminded me 20 times of this fact until I wanted to scream. I have a hard time discussing my mother without having a complete breakdown. 

Also on the 19th is dh's & my 5 year wedding anniversary. We were going to renew our vows since we're in Hawaii and we didn't get to have a big fancy wedding, just a quick justice-of-the-peace thing but bc of family financial crisis we're tapped for funds and he's not home. I know we can always renew our vows later after he gets home but we really wanted to do it on our anniversary since we've never gotten to do anything special yet. 

Seems like every day since dh left something else goes wrong, no matter how good the day started off it ends badly. I'm really starting to hate May!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 9, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Hugs!
try2bstrong
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry to hear you are having a hard time. ****HUGS****HUGS**** I know it may not help much, but maybe watch a stupid funny movie with the kids like "Hotel Transylvania" or maybe even have a talent show at home where the kids and you sing your favorite happy song. Try to keep yourself busy, try and do some happy things. Also, I know your Nana is probably talking to you about it because she is hurting inside as well, but just tell her, that right now its not an easy time for you and you'd rather not talk about it.I hope this time will pass soon, and I really hope you'll feel less depressed soon :) ****HUGS*** 

mikala76
by Michelle on May. 10, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Aloha. I'm from Hawaii, too. I live in Makakilo on Oahu. What part of the island are you from?
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:14 AM
Those things you mentioned are enough to make you depressed. My husband being gone would really bother me. It might be good for you to see a therapist so you can share your emotions.
lucy164
by Peggy on May. 10, 2014 at 7:50 AM

I think the idea of seeing your therapist is a good one.  Hang out with your friends as much as possible so you won't get lonely.

Quoting lyrick24: Those things you mentioned are enough to make you depressed. My husband being gone would really bother me. It might be good for you to see a therapist so you can share your emotions.

MissMackiesgg
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I lost my mom 25 years ago and every Mother's Day it is so fresh. My method of coping is that everytime a sad memory pops into my mind,I quickly replace it with a fun or happy memory. It gets a little easier but it won't completely heal. Just remember that Nana's hurting too.

JMCorbin84
by New Member on May. 11, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Aw, thanks so much for the advice & hugs ladies. A neighbor friend of mine invited me out w/ a large group of her friends the other night, we went to dinner & then saw Mom's Night Out at the theater. I talked & laughed so much my voice was hoarse by the end. My friend's dh wanted all the kids & it was a fantastic night!Who knew that was exactly what I needed. I was so happy to come home to my 2 kids, even those few hours away made me appreciate them even more!

JMCorbin84
by New Member on May. 11, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Dh is in the military so we're stationed up at Schofield barracks near Wahiawa. My mom actually grew up here for many years from elementary school until collage so it's kinda neat that we're here now.

Quoting mikala76: Aloha. I'm from Hawaii, too. I live in Makakilo on Oahu. What part of the island are you from?

mikala76
by Michelle on May. 11, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Oh wow. That is pretty cool. What part of the island is your mom from?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)