Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

regrets from cutting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My in-laws want to have a picnic on the beach Sunday for mother's day and I'm really nervous because I did some cutting a few months ago and My scars haven't faded yet and I don't want to wear a short sleeve shirt much less a bathing suit. And my dh is going to make a big deal out of me not wearing a bathing suit, not to mention short sleeves on a hot day. I feel so ashamed. I don't know what too do...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 9, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Do you think they'll say something? I'd blame the cat, or a gardening miss hap
try2bstrong
by on May. 10, 2014 at 1:20 AM

First of all, I hope you are getting help. Second of all.... what about make-up? just don't go in the water. there are also those shirts that are sheer, that way you can say its the style of the shirt or something like that. Hope that helps. Have a great mother's day! :)

lucy164
by Peggy on May. 10, 2014 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't think of a better suggestion than the two moms before me have but I would suggest that you use mederma to help them fade faster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Or pretend to be sick and dont go.
lucy164
by Peggy on May. 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I like this idea the best.

Quoting Anonymous: Or pretend to be sick and dont go.

SpiritFortress
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you have any real lightweight long sleeve shirts? I have a couple I have to wear a tank top under because the material is really thin but they'd be great for hiding scars. Now if only I could borrow one to you!!

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 10:48 PM
3 moms liked this

There are swim shirts or "rash guard" shirts like for kids,I saw cute long sleeve ones for women at Land's End.Protecting your  skin from the sun!  Or take a huge risk and tell them what really happened.  I  stay covered unless I now someone well or trust them enough to tell them what I do.

darkmusepinup
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm honest about my problem. I have a problem and I know I do. I know why I do it, because at that moment I have control over things, especially any pain being inflicted upon me, at other times I can't. I never plan to do it again and I have other ways to express my pain/pleasure control.
If you don't want to be honest, I would suggest a cover up of some kind. There are loads of choices these days. Good luck sweetie
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 11, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Put some concealer on the wounds and for goodness sake, stop with the cutting.  I hope you are getting treatment. 

Wishing you a Happy Mothers Day. 

Memere60
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Is your mother in law someone you could confide in? If you were my daughter in law I would try to do what I could to help you. Is there ANYONE you can call when the urge to cut overwhelms you? From what I've seen on Dr. Phil (sorry ladies. I know this sounds cheesy, but this all I know about this), people cut to help block out emotional pain. It is pretty much like people who drink or take drugs when life gets too painful. For me, when something happens that is very painful, I start to feel worthless. I need a reality check. My husband or my daughter help me with that. If your mother in law loves you, hopefully she will look past the cuts, and see the pain that you are struggling with. I'm sorry you feel so ashamed. I know. Sometimes I feel like it's my middle name. Please let us know how this works out for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN