Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you still have a land line?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:09 AM
  • 18 Replies

It seems like most people just have cell phones anymore.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:10 AM

We do have a landline, but I think it's only because you got a better deal from Comcast if you got phone/cable/internet together. I have no idea what the number is lol

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:11 AM

we have a landline because we got a better deal for out internet but we dont use it either. its been gone for a good year. we just use out cell phones..

ashleighmama
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:13 AM

No, we haven't in about 6 years.

MissMackiesgg
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Yes

bambismom
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Yes!  I don't like depending on cell phones, sometimes for whatever reason you can't get a signal.  It's better now than it used to be because they have more towers, things have improved.  I heard that 911 can't find you if you are on a cell.  You have to tell them exactly where you are.  On a landline, they can see your location when you call.  Of course if you're not at home, cell phones are great!!!!  They have saved numerous lives, I am sure!   But, at home, I like the landline.  We always use it. 

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:51 AM

yes

happynewyorker
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I have a landline.  My parents have one.  some of my friends still have one.

I prefer giving out my home number than using my cell phone.  I hope to keep mine for as long as they have them.  But, cell phone numbers are great to use when you don't want anyone to find you.  Many cell phone numbers aren't registered. 

happynewyorker
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:57 AM

If you go online to your account, the phone number should be listed.  If not, if the number isn't private. You can google your name and the number should come up in the white pages. :)

Quoting leahbeah143:

We do have a landline, but I think it's only because you got a better deal from Comcast if you got phone/cable/internet together. I have no idea what the number is lol

Dona127
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM

We still have a landline.  I use my cell phone when I'm out mostly.  My husband uses his cell phone more because of his job.  My husband is a Manager of 9 employees.   He had a bad accident with one of or cars back in March.   He was driving the car when the cell phone went off.  He picked it up & by him looking down for a second he went right for a tree.  He wasn't hurt thank God but our car was domolished! 

Our new car has the cell phone on the top of the visor.  It makes it more safe now.  All he has to do is press a button to get his messages.

aflekool427
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Exactly this, lol.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)