Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Movie, Anyone?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:35 PM
  • 19 Replies

Lately, I'm having a really hard time. Too much stress, too much crying, too much anger, basically too much of everything and all I want to do is just go to sleep and have a quiet life and to actually enjoy it.

Since I really need an excuse to have something to actually smile about I was wondering, who would like to join me to a movie? I mean, I know we each live on different parts of the world, but I thought maybe we could each go see a movie, or we could all pick a movie that would be funny and not depressing (we have too much of that already), and we can talk about our favorite part in the movie, make fun of it or even discuss what we would have done instead.

I know its probably a stupid idea, but I tought I'd take the chance anyhow. If any of you guys agree, than we can "go" watch the movie sometime this coming weekend.

Thanks.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msharleyjr
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Sounds like a cool idea but I can't sit in a movie theater .:( . All my movies are the ones I get from our local rentals.
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

my husband wants to take me out friday. we could do something like that. i havent been to a movie in so long. i wouldnt know what to see. any suggestions?

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:08 PM

No this is not stupid idea it is an interesting one.  I'll be trying to think of one.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Mama's House comes to mind.  I forget who was in it but it was really funny.  I know I can get it in Netflix.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:42 PM

I have no idea what movies are out now.

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds fun. We all could also watch a movie on you tube together. They do have complete movies on there. 

dizzy77702
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this
I saw maleficent this past weekend and it was fabulous. Not just for kids. I think you should see it. It explains a lot that the cartoon version doesn't. The back story is great.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:35 AM
I've heard great things about this movie!

Quoting dizzy77702: I saw maleficent this past weekend and it was fabulous. Not just for kids. I think you should see it. It explains a lot that the cartoon version doesn't. The back story is great.
try2bstrong
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

so maybe we could do two things, we could watch Maleficent in theatres and for those who are unable to go to a theatre we could also watch a movie on youtube or rent something, any good funny movies on youtube?

try2bstrong
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:57 AM

anyone hear about the Adam Sandler Movie "Blended" ? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)