Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were you depressed as a kid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Did you have someone to talk to?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:57 PM

no but I had anxiety.

KatiebugsMom711
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:49 PM

I was depressed when i was 15 years old.....and no I didn't have anyone to talk to....

luvmia
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:00 PM
I
I was depressed on and off as a kid due to the circumstances, mother and siblings I had to deal with. For a split moment I had a school therapist whom attempted to get to the root of my problem but due to budget cuts she had to leave. So once again I was on my own.
lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I must have been because my dad died when I was 6.  It went away all during high school and college.  It came back with a vengeance when I was in my early 30's.

casah4
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Looking back, I can see symptoms of my Bipolar as far back as I can remember. I didn't get help as a child and had nobody to talk to about it.

SpiritedWitch
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:15 PM

I think so ... one of my good friends was murdered when I was 12. My favorite grandma died a few months later. I thought about suicide many times. No, when my grandma died, so did my go to person. 

I figure something had to have been wrong b/c I cannot remember a lot about my childhood. Bits and pieces but that's it. 

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:39 PM

yes I was and no I didn't have anyone to talk to. When I was younger depression wasn't heard in teens and it deffintly wasn't talked about the way it is now even in adults

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM
No.
happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:31 PM
yes
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Yes starting around 13, and no I didn't talk to anybody about it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)