Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had no idea that I had so much hurt..

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:15 PM
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this
in me until a few years ago. In my counseling session today, I talked about my difficulties with being broken from all the trauma I experienced and how I have difficulty with trusting people and not knowing how to have healthy relationships. We were able to discuss these issues in addition to my struggles with self-esteem and self- confidence. In one session I was able to get so much positive reinforcement and insights into my problems and the realizations that I am actually doing things to help myself than I was aware of.

I feel like I am finally heading in the right direction but I know that it will take me a long time to get to my destination. I just hope that I will be able to keep this counselor for the duration of the journey.

Thanks for listening.
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad things are heading in the right direction for you. I hope it continues for you!

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

That is great news. It's so nice when you find someone you trust and they really care not just looking at the clock.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

That is wonderful!  Keep up the good work.

wink

try2bstrong
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great, I wish I had a good counselor too. I hope that she will stay with you for the entire journey.

bambismom
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like a great counselor, you got a lot accomplished in one session!!!  They should all be that good!!  Glad things are looking up for you!!   simple smile

Tracys2
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like a wonderful start. Wishing you the best on the healing journey together.

SomethingSoReal
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats good. Thats why therapy helps so much because you are able to get another persons perspective on things and realize that things may not be as bad as they seem.

GummyBears3825
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Im glad that you have a good consuelor and the best of luck to you and your sessions
okiemamaCyndi
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad to hear you're making progress - wishing you the best and continued success!

MissMackiesgg
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:50 PM

goodGood for you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)