Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Only Child

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

Were you an only child?  My daughter is one and she says that she loved being the only one.  What was your experience either being an only child or having siblings?  I have one sister and she will not talk to me.  I wish I had been an only child.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I have two older siblings, but they're 13 and 10 years older. They were both out of the house by the time I was 7. I didn't really feel like an only child, but didn't really feel like I had siblings, either.  It's a weird situation.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM
I was not an only child. My sister is two years younger, and we didn't always get along growing up but we get along great now.

My daughter is an only child with me and loves it. She has a younger sister at her dad's house that she doesn't like.
TyLoves1
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM
My brother is 17 years older than me so yeah I felt like the only child. I always wished I had a sister. Never got one. It felt like I had all the attention, all the time, and no it is not all it's cracked up to be.
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:53 AM

i am the youngest of six. no one talks to me now. so i may as well have been an only child.

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM
I was the only child for eight years, then my little sister was born. I wish we were closer.
Tracys2
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I was an only child. I didn't mind it most of the time, since I like being by myself and such, but it was hard when my parents were fighting really bad. My friend had a kind of hateful older brother, but when her parents fought, they could be together and comfort each other, which is nice.

Losing siblings would hurt, and I never have to deal with that. Having a close sibling would be a help, though!

MissMackiesgg
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM

My brothers are 4 & 5 years older than me. I am glad that I am not an only child.

Memere60
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I come from a large family, and I love my brothers and sisters. The only one I am REALLY close to is my youngest brother. My daughter is an only child, and she has brothers and sisters in laws. She is pretty close to one sister in law. She also has a lot of friends.

Mum24boyz
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

i was an only child, and hated it..i felt very alone. all i ever wanted was a sister, but sadly not meant to be.

sondra101
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:01 PM
I was an only child and lonely. Also not put into activities. Not given attention.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)