Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

What makes you depressed??

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:17 AM
  • 63 Replies

What are things in your life that make you depressed?  If you could change these things what would your life be like?  Comments!!group hugDona127

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhovianMom
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

feeling alone --- like now

no friends

not being able to fight the negative flashbacks/thoughts/feelings --- it is a consistant thing 24/7

stewing in my thoughts

lost

should i keep going? 

simple frown

Sahm of 3 * Wife * Crocheter *Wholock*  WoW & GW2 Player * True Crime Shows Addict*  & More

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM

i get depressed when i feel lonely or bored.

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
i get depressed when i feel left out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM

When I am surrounded by problems coming at me from all sides and know I have to dig my way out of all kinds of messes. Feeling overwhelmed depresses me and I have a sense of feeling stuck. Like I'm in quick sand or on a treadmill I can't get off of or a nightmare I can't wake from. Not having a break in the problems coming at me........big ones. I want to run away, crawl under a rock. I cry a lot.  Yes I work at the problems and try my best, but it seems like I'm always taking one step forward and being thrown back 5 steps. I get so depressed I feel numbed by all the problems. Most days I don't even know which to start with first, but I sure have my pick. Seems like there's not much time left inbetween the problems to enjoy life. In between when I take breaks or rests having to solve and work on the problems I am exhausted and all I want to do is sleep. I have lots of medical problems and live with chronic pain. The pain seems to get worse because I have little breaks to rest or doing "nice' things in life. 

I just wish I had one day or two that wouldn't bring lots of "big" problems. I want to feel normal again. My life wasn't like this when I was younger. It became this way after a series of really bad things happened to me all at once (I became disabled) and from that point on my life turned for the worse. Since my life turned for the worse and all of these "big" problems all kicked in and are chronic and frequent, I haven't been very happy or content and the depression has been very bad for over a decade. The depression is so bad that I don't want to go on a lot of the time.  I feel what's the point if I'm only living to fix the problems in order to just survive another day. I am badly struggling and the depression feels like I died a long time ago and not even living anymore or amoung the living. I don't feel alive. Maybe I'm too far gone.

I apologise for this being so long. I rarely post my problems here. I am surprise to find myself reaching out now for myself. I am here all the time at this group, enjoying friendship from all of you wonderful people. I frequently offer advice and comfort here to everyone a lot and that makes me feel so good. I just felt weird posting what I just said here about myself, thinking you'd all think I'm a nut job or worse. I didn't know if anyone else has or had these issues or would understand. I am glad I took this first step now and shared about my depression with you all .............  finally.

I do see a counselor and am taking medication for the depression. I'm doing everything I can think of to help myself, it's just these "huge" unending problems that keep me severely depressed. I also pray a lot....I'm spiritual and hold out faith. I wonder why I suffer this hardship, but there are others who have it worse. I just wonder if my life will ever be "reasonably" normal again. When I say normal I mean life, with problems of course (that's a part of life), just not soooooooooo many, soooooooooo many big ones and daily coming at me.. I feel like I'm drowning and can't breath.

Dona127
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Some thoughts to make you feel better!  Everyone can feel alone or think they have no friends.   I have felt like that at times too!  It was my own fault for feeling that way.  Now I call my Aunts or friends on the phone.  Some live in different states!  I keep myself busy doing things around the house.  Read a book, working on my checkbook.  There a lot of things you can do.  If you drive go out for little bit & come back to the house.    Keep your thoughts positive more comforting to avoid those flashbacks.  You control your mind by how you're thinking.  Don't allow your mind to control you!  You are in charge!

Quoting WhovianMom:

no friends

not being able to fight the negative flashbacks/thoughts/feelings --- it is a consistant thing 24/7

stewing in my thoughts

lost

should i keep going? 

simple frown

Dona127
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Some good News!  Get yourself moving doing somthing around the house.  Work on your plants, do a project, read a book & relax, go for a walk & enjoy nature, go to lunch with a friend, call a friend!  There are lots of things to do!  Control your life!  Don't allow your life to control you!  Now Smile!!

Quoting lyrick24:

i get depressed when i feel lonely or bored.

Dona127
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I used to feel like that all the time & get myself upset!  I felt so bad & used to think there was something wrong wth me?  I learned to not let that bother me anymore.  If people don't bother or talk to me I really don't care.  If they don't like me I really don't care.  I just keep myself busy & go about my business now.  I really don't care what they think of me.  That's their problem not mine!

Quoting happyolechimp: i get depressed when i feel left out

buckle
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Big, big gentle hugs to you.  I wish I had a quick answer for you that would take away all of your problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

When I am surrounded by problems coming at me from all sides and know I have to dig my way out of all kinds of messes. Feeling overwhelmed depresses me and I have a sense of feeling stuck. Like I'm in quick sand or on a treadmill I can't get off of or a nightmare I can't wake from. Not having a break in the problems coming at me........big ones. I want to run away, crawl under a rock. I cry a lot.  Yes I work at the problems and try my best, but it seems like I'm always taking one step forward and being thrown back 5 steps. I get so depressed I feel numbed by all the problems. Most days I don't even know which to start with first, but I sure have my pick. Seems like there's not much time left inbetween the problems to enjoy life. In between when I take breaks or rests having to solve and work on the problems I am exhausted and all I want to do is sleep. I have lots of medical problems and live with chronic pain. The pain seems to get worse because I have little breaks to rest or doing "nice' things in life. 

I just wish I had one day or two that wouldn't bring lots of "big" problems. I want to feel normal again. My life wasn't like this when I was younger. It became this way after a series of really bad things happened to me all at once (I became disabled) and from that point on my life turned for the worse. Since my life turned for the worse and all of these "big" problems all kicked in and are chronic and frequent, I haven't been very happy or content and the depression has been very bad for over a decade. The depression is so bad that I don't want to go on a lot of the time.  I feel what's the point if I'm only living to fix the problems in order to just survive another day. I am badly struggling and the depression feels like I died a long time ago and not even living anymore or amoung the living. I don't feel alive. Maybe I'm too far gone.

I apologise for this being so long. I rarely post my problems here. I am surprise to find myself reaching out now for myself. I am here all the time at this group, enjoying friendship from all of you wonderful people. I frequently offer advice and comfort here to everyone a lot and that makes me feel so good. I just felt weird posting what I just said here about myself, thinking you'd all think I'm a nut job or worse. I didn't know if anyone else has or had these issues or would understand. I am glad I took this first step now and shared about my depression with you all .............  finally.

I do see a counselor and am taking medication for the depression. I'm doing everything I can think of to help myself, it's just these "huge" unending problems that keep me severely depressed. I also pray a lot....I'm spiritual and hold out faith. I wonder why I suffer this hardship, but there are others who have it worse. I just wonder if my life will ever be "reasonably" normal again. When I say normal I mean life, with problems of course (that's a part of life), just not soooooooooo many, soooooooooo many big ones and daily coming at me, without breahers. I feel like I'm drowning and can't breath.

buckle
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM

MONEY.  Or I should say, lack of it.  I know that there are lots of people having financial problems.  But that doesn't help much! 

Yes, with enough money, all my problems would be solved. 

WhovianMom
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM

you are so very right. thank you very much. now i just gotta take that baby step and not fall down.  i literally am getting a brain fart on how to respond. not good.  I am going to have to try this. letting people seem my rawness scares me and to be honest, i am usually the peppy positive person to everyone. ugh..

Quoting Dona127:

Some thoughts to make you feel better!  Everyone can feel alone or think they have no friends.   I have felt like that at times too!  It was my own fault for feeling that way.  Now I call my Aunts or friends on the phone.  Some live in different states!  I keep myself busy doing things around the house.  Read a book, working on my checkbook.  There a lot of things you can do.  If you drive go out for little bit & come back to the house.    Keep your thoughts positive more comforting to avoid those flashbacks.  You control your mind by how you're thinking.  Don't allow your mind to control you!  You are in charge!

Quoting WhovianMom:

no friends

stewing in my thoughts

lost

should i keep going? 

simple frown

Sahm of 3 * Wife * Crocheter *Wholock*  WoW & GW2 Player * True Crime Shows Addict*  & More

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN