Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Do you FORGIVE others??

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM
  • 32 Replies

We are suppose to FORGIVE others in our daily lives?  Do you forgive others for what they say or do to you?  Or do you hold grudges against them?   Comments!!

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Forgive but never forget!
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I forgive others. I don't want anger in my heart towards anyone. I may not forgive right away but I do forgive, Everyone has done things they would like to be forgiven for

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a very forgiving person despite the fact that I have a family who does not.
Mrseoc
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely forgive people. What good is holding a grudge? I try to keep positive energy and positive thoughts. If someone i love does something that hurts me, i will dwell on it long enough to try to pick it apart.. "why did they do that, what  might have made them do that, what would i do in there place" I can usually come to an understanding that this person is human and humans occasionally get swallowed by emotions and emotions tend to make people say or do things they might not normally do.

No i dont hold grudges. We're all human.

sondra101
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:46 AM
I need to forgive faster I think ... How do u forgive something ongoing like disrespect my husband choosing his moms feelings over mine ?
Dona127
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I have to work on forgiving people.  It's something that's tough for me to do.  I hold grudges & it works on me.  If I would forgive people & let it go I would be better off.

WhovianMom
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM

to be honest, when i get hurt i usually just shut down and bottle it all up. BEFORE this growing up i'd hold grudges..bad.  

Sahm of 3 * Wife * Crocheter *Wholock*  WoW & GW2 Player * True Crime Shows Addict*  & More

Tracys2
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I try to forgive people, I think I do.

Forgiveness, of course, is a lifelong process that involves many stages, occasional missteps and backwards steps, but the conscious attempt to forgive, I definitely do, and it generally works pretty well. I am great at seeing my role in whatever the issue is, seeing that we both erred, and can usually get to a point where I wish the "forgive-ee" :--) well, pretty quickly, see the good in them and love them and feel no ill-will. The hidden remnants of the hurt, get hunted down and dealt with whenever they are found, over time. (clearly, my child stepping on my toe takes 1 second- my father's actions towards my mother growing up are much more complex and aspects come back later more often)

There are 3 things I'm working on right now, particularly, in re: forgiveness, that might be interesting:

1) Working on a generalised anger towards society, that I can't pin on any one person, but society is made up of people, and being angry with all people for, say, excluding people and hurting them (not just me- many people have it much worse, including many of you) is hard. You have to see all of society as made up of people. Long journey, that one.

2) Working to forgive but not passively allow the hurt to continue over and over again, so you don't have to keep forgiving the same people for the same hurtful things. Well, maybe you do, really, but at least knowing you are trying to deal with it maturely instead of just accepting constant pain... which is really hard to do without anger growing somewhere in your heart, and coming out unbidden and unexpectedly!

3) forgiving myself. Hard hard hard, because I keep messing up!

I love to think about this kind of stuff, sometimes it just swirls around in my brain, but often there are insights that can change the way you see the world. Have a lovely weekend!

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
It really depends on the situation and the person involved. Like if the person is continually doing and saying things to hurt me it is harder to forgive. Also sometimes the offense is so severe that it is impossible to forgive that person. Sometimes it's easier to cut your losses and walk away in situations like that. It's different if the person usually treats you well and they slip up and make a mistake. That is forgivable. Make sense?
ambergem
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Yep

Quoting dizzy77702: It really depends on the situation and the person involved. Like if the person is continually doing and saying things to hurt me it is harder to forgive. Also sometimes the offense is so severe that it is impossible to forgive that person. Sometimes it's easier to cut your losses and walk away in situations like that. It's different if the person usually treats you well and they slip up and make a mistake. That is forgivable. Make sense?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)