Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

We could have been seriously injured or worse. (UPDATE: 6/16/2014)

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
So since Saturday evening the water flooded my area from a water main break. Several voicemails were made to the on-call maintenance man without a return phone call. So the police were called and arrived. They left without doing anything. So today the water was still flooded our area causing a 3 by 2 foot sink hole on the sidewalk. The fire department was called because the water flooded the basement apartments, trapping one of my pregnant neighbors. To prevent injury, the fire department had to remove the window bars and pull her through the window to get her out of the apartment. The firemen were able to shut off the water. One of the firemen stated that if the water kept flooding the area, the foundation would have cracked into a V shape and our buildings would have sunk. He also said that everything under the buildings is completely wet.

My neighbor stated that our pregnant neighbor was put in a motel and she contacted Fox 45 News. I made sure I took pictures and emailed one of the news stations about it. I will be contacting the Housing of Urban Development and the Mayor's Office. I am afraid to live here but cant afford to live anywhere else. I am so tired of moving. Wet are still in danger. Sigh. I'm tired.

UPDATE: I FOUND OUT THAT THIS COMPLEX HAD FOUNDATION PROBLEMS FOR MANY YEARS. IT WAS BUOLT OVER A LAKE AROUND 1915. WHEN TH TENANTS FOUND OUT THE PROPERTY WASNT STABLE THEY DECIDED TO MOVE. THE PROPERTY OWNERS HID THE TRUTH AND MANAGED GET IT PASSED FOR LOW INCOME HOUSING. THERE ARE CRACKS IN THE WALL IN MY CLOSET AS WELL AS XRACKS IN MY UPSTAIRS NEIGHBORS APT. WALLS. I SPOKE WITH A LADY WITH HUD AND SHE TOLD ME THAT THEY WILL BE SENDING A CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTOR TO CHECK THE FOUNDATION OUTSIDE AND INSIDE OUR APARTMENTS. I CANT WAIT. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I AM GOING TO STAY IN HERE ANOTHER YEAR. I PLAN ON GETTING MY EVIDENCE TOGETHER JUST IN CASE I HAVE TO GET A LAWYER. I NEVER BEEN IN A SITUATION LILE THIS IN MY LIFE. I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY.
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Wow! Glad everyone is OK though! I hope you can get some answers!
LadySavannah
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:57 PM

That's horrible! Do you have insurance? I hope things get better for you.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:29 AM
I have renter's insurance but that will not cover foundation damage and personal injury.

Quoting LadySavannah:

That's horrible! Do you have insurance? I hope things get better for you.

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:35 AM

I'm glad you are ok and would be contacting anyone that will listen. I wouldn't stop at one news station I would call of them.  

I home the Housing of Urban Development can help you out

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:47 AM

that is terrible. i hope things get worked out.

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:59 AM
it's gonna be black mold from all that..sorry you can't move...but if the inspectors come...they may condemn it..then ?
luvmia
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:22 PM
The lady with HUD stated that if there are foundation issues, the rental management has to make arrangements for us to move elsewhere.

Quoting happyolechimp: it's gonna be black mold from all that..sorry you can't move...but if the inspectors come...they may condemn it..then ?
happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM
this could turn out good... ;-)

Quoting luvmia: The lady with HUD stated that if there are foundation issues, the rental management has to make arrangements for us to move elsewhere.

Quoting happyolechimp: it's gonna be black mold from all that..sorry you can't move...but if the inspectors come...they may condemn it..then ?
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM

i hope things work out in your favor!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with rho, get a hold of every tv news channel and news paper you can!! Go public with all the info and evidence you got. Glad no one was hurt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN