Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Do you journal

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM
rho
  • 19 Replies

I do once in awhile when things is really bothering me.

I use to journal all the time even if nothing was bothering me. Just putting something like had a great day and put down what I had done for the day. So I didn't just write the negative things but also the postive too. 

I also was always worried that someone would read them so I would write in different notebooks so if someone would they be very confused at what I was saying.

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM
No. I used to until people found them and read them.. I had them locked away and everything..
rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:08 PM

That is exactly what I was worried about

Quoting Anonymous: No. I used to until people found them and read them.. I had them locked away and everything..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:11 PM
My niece saw that there were journals in there and busted the lock.. I wasn't happy with her. She three years older than me, thought I should say that lol

Quoting rhodaj:

Quoting Anonymous: No. I used to until people found them and read them.. I had them locked away and everything..

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I don't know why people think they need to know everything. I was always worried my kids would read them. They are adults. I didn't have to worry about my husband he never read anything

Quoting Anonymous: My niece saw that there were journals in there and busted the lock.. I wasn't happy with her. She three years older than me, thought I should say that lol
Quoting rhodaj:

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM
No. I've tried it several times but I cant get into it. I have a friend who is depressed she enjoys writing and it helps her.
rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:31 PM

It's not for everyone. Some people just can't get into it.

Quoting diaperstodating: No. I've tried it several times but I cant get into it. I have a friend who is depressed she enjoys writing and it helps her.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM

i used to but i havent lately.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to but got out of it. Once my son was born, I started writing again, but I wrote it like it was to him. I would write down the things we did, places we went, cute or funny things he said as he was growing up, stuff like that. Whenever I was having a bad day, I put that in there, too, and explained how I felt and what was going on, mostly shit with his dad.

When I was a kid, my mom was always depressed, and the relationship between her and my dad wasn't good at all. It really screws kids' lives up when their parents mess up, and I didn't want that to happen to my son. This way, I figured at least I would try to let my son know what was going on with me and that it wasn't his fault in any way. Someday, maybe he will read what I wrote when he is an adult. He will know all the cute funny things that I loved about him so much, even though there were some bad days in there, too. I never had much reassurance from my parents, so maybe this is my way of trying to give it to my son. 

Tazzgirl21
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:12 PM
I use to, but I haven't recently. I am going to start again today though.
chey-leigh
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Sort of... I've found that just journaling doesn't appeal to me all that much, and instead tend to write letters, or have themed journals. I have a little notebook full of letters to my baby and another full of letters to the BF. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN