Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

ANGER- is a powerful emotion!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM
  • 38 Replies

Are you the kind of person that is easily irritated? Tend to over re-act to lifes frustrations & disappointments?  Do you have mood swings?  Are you an Angry or bitter person to your husband, kids or grandkids?  Did you ever what to STOP this kind of behavior? 

ANGER is a powerful emotion & hurts peoples feelings.  Makes them feel sad, unwanted & unhappy with life. Anger makes you do & say things a person dosen't mean to say or do.  Anger is very controlling & makes a person sick.

What's your comment on ANGER how do you feel about it???angryDona127

by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissMackiesgg
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:03 PM

I try to stay even tempered at all times. If I get to angry I will walk away till I calm down. Then there are the instantly MAD times. I will have my say and then leave.

Dona127
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Anger is an emotion I have to work on.  Especially dealing with my husband!  He can get me going in no time.  He has a lot of Anger himself he is usually the one the shouts & yells.  Sometimes all I have to do is ask him a question.  He'll start yelling because I'm bothering him.  At times I need help with something around the house.  I hate to ask him to do anything cause I know what's coming next.

When my husband get's like this I have to train myself to let it go.  Which is hard especially in the car when you can't get out!  You have to sit there & just take it.  I'm getting stronger with dealing with this emotion with him.  Sometimes it takes a lot of courage to take the stuff that is being thrown at you in a negative way.  It also hurts!  Anger is an emotion that I never had a problem with until now!!!

Dona127
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Good for you that you just walk away.  What if your husband has the angry emotion.  Where he's always starting a fight with you.  Especially in the car where you can't get out & get away from it.  What do you do then??

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

I try to stay even tempered at all times. If I get to angry I will walk away till I calm down. Then there are the instantly MAD times. I will have my say and then leave.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Do you recognize his treatment of you as verbal abuse? I'm surprised to hear you say that you are "getting stronger with dealing" with it. It is not something you need to work out. It is his problem, not yours. I realize that you still have to be a part of it, especially when you are a captive audience in the car. This is when a lot of men flare up because they know they've got you where you can't get away. I'm not saying there are any easy solutions, just don't look at it as your shortcoming in not being able to "deal with it." It is his shortcoming, and he needs counseling. 

Quoting Dona127:

Anger is an emotion I have to work on.  Especially dealing with my husband!  He can get me going in no time.  He has a lot of Anger himself he is usually the one the shouts & yells.  Sometimes all I have to do is ask him a question.  He'll start yelling because I'm bothering him.  At times I need help with something around the house.  I hate to ask him to do anything cause I know what's coming next.

When my husband get's like this I have to train myself to let it go.  Which is hard especially in the car when you can't get out!  You have to sit there & just take it.  I'm getting stronger with dealing with this emotion with him.  Sometimes it takes a lot of courage to take the stuff that is being thrown at you in a negative way.  It also hurts!  Anger is an emotion that I never had a problem with until now!!!

MissMackiesgg
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex was like that and it got worse once we split. I had a gentleman who was in our alanon group and he gave the best advice. (he was a recovering alcoholic and his wife was still drinking) He told me that every time Bob got me angry and got me to react, Bob had me in the palm of his hand and put me in his hip pocket. I walked a lot of miles in circles, mentally repeating hip pocket, hip pocket, hip pocket, but I would stay calm and that seemed to make him try harder for a long time. Then when he found out that I really wasn't going to react, that baiting stopped.

Quoting Dona127:

Good for you that you just walk away.  What if your husband has the angry emotion.  Where he's always starting a fight with you.  Especially in the car where you can't get out & get away from it.  What do you do then??

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

This is abusive - and you shouldn't put up with it.  It's not healthy for you or him....

Quoting Dona127:

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:53 PM
I don't get angry easily, but it's taken a lot of work to be like that! When my teenage daughter is pushing my buttons, I try to step away to catch my breath before I explode on her. Anger just adds to everything else we tend to carry on our shoulders, so I try to leave it behind.
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Sometimes I get very irritated and have to watch myself.
lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:50 PM

I get over anger pretty quickly.  Don't hold grudges and I am never bitter toward anyone.  All of these emotions will only hurt you.

Dona127
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Yes I do!  Many people have told me that's what he does.  It's funny when other people are around or he is at work in his office he dosen't do that.  When he comes home he will yell & scream at me.  I never heard anyone get that made before!  It all depends how his day is going or how much stress he had that day.  Every time we get into the car he will start fight about something.  Bringing up the past, calling he all kinds of names,  saying things that are not true.

I was in the rehab hospital for 2 weeks & a week end.  I loved it there!  I had wonderful friends & I kept myself busy.  Playing cards, painting, doing excercise with a group, watching televison, eating my meals with my friends, walking in the halls to get my excercise.  Everyone was so nice the doctor, the nurses the the aids.  I cried the day when I had to leave to come home.  I knew what was coming to happen at home in due time.

While I was in the hospital I felt great.  All my problems went away.  It was like I was a new person.  That feeling lasted a few weeks.  As weeks went on my symptoms slowly began to come back.  This is where i am now in discomfort every day.  Do you think it's my husband making me sick like this?  Comments!!

Quoting Kathy489:

Do you recognize his treatment of you as verbal abuse? I'm surprised to hear you say that you are "getting stronger with dealing" with it. It is not something you need to work out. It is his problem, not yours. I realize that you still have to be a part of it, especially when you are a captive audience in the car. This is when a lot of men flare up because they know they've got you where you can't get away. I'm not saying there are any easy solutions, just don't look at it as your shortcoming in not being able to "deal with it." It is his shortcoming, and he needs counseling. 

Quoting Dona127:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN