Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you are Christians...out of curiosity....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

im a believer in Christ and b/c of that i feel that i SHOULD NOT be depressed and angry so much of my life, yet I am and have struggled with it most of my life....just wondering if any of u are also believers and do u ever feel the same?  

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambergem
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:44 AM
Yes and yes
Memere60
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Yes, I am a Christian, and yes, I wish that being a Christian made me exempt from depression. But I am not exempt from that or other illnesses. I just know that I wouldn't make it without Christ in my life. I'm not a 'flowery' Christian. I don't throw Bible verses at people, and I don't fit in to some Christian circles. But I AM willing to get down in the dirt with people, and meet them where they are. The only place that we will be free from our problems is Heaven.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:05 AM

do either of u rage?  i feel guilty so much of the time b/c sometimes i just really go off....which is NOT being a witness for Jesus at all.  I feel i should not have so much rage in me....and ive been thru the counseling, im on medication, but living with a man who rages when he is mad i think has made it worse....not that it is his fault, but often the bad will corrupt the good and not the other way around, and i feel i would not rage like i do if i was not around it so much myself....he is saved now too, but he is also the adult child of an alcoholic who was horribly violent when drunk (just for the record the hubs is not physically abusive when he is mad, he cusses, throws things, breaks things, etc., but his father was to his mother)....and then im thinking how can i go to God or even call us Christians when we behave like this in anger??  and when im depressed i have thoughts of wishing i had not had children (not b/c i dont love them but b/c of the hell i feel they go thru having us as parents....all have mental health issues)....i pray all the time for healing in my family, but it seems that is not to be....it makes it hard to hang on to my faith sometimes. 

tnunley
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Yes, I know how exactly how you feel!  It's hard being around the happy go lucky Christians in my life!  Makes me feel inadequate, too!

[AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Yes I am a Christian and I am a believer.praying

ashleighmama
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I am not.

MissMackiesgg
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:53 PM

My feeling is that God made us and he knows what struggles we go through. He didn't make us perfect, He just made us imperfect humans.

Tracys2
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Yes and yes, but we are blessed to have a pastor who knows and helps-- also, she is willing to talk frankly about her own parenting mistakes, and that really, really helps me. So many of us (including me) are afraid to talk about what we do wrong with our kids, because people judge. At least, I don't judge much and I have compassion! And that is a benefit for a Christian.

fern624
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Yes

Meg2011425
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Yes I am! But don't practice religiously or anything. But I am a believer in him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)