Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight gain.

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  • 3 Replies

I am kind of bummed out.  I'm going swimming today and last years bathing suit is too small so I went this am to get one a size larger.  My question is do you think that its harder to lose weight when on antidepressants than a person the same weight can lose weight a lot easier?  I swear that I really don't eat banging head into wallmuch.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:49 AM

there are meds that do make you gain weight and others that do not.  When they put my dd on meds, she gained weight within a month.  She then saw another doctor and they made sure to give her the kind that does not pack on the lbs.  She has been on prozac for a couple of years with no issues.

ashleighmama
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I think lots of meds make you gain and hold onto weight. I had to buy a bigger bathing suit last summer, i know how you feel.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM

My anti-depressants totally made me gain weight that was impossible to lose while still on the meds! I didn't eat bad, and I went for walks daily, so there was no reason for me to gain so much weight but my doctor tried to tell me that weight gain wasn't a side effect of zoloft. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)