• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just Wanted to Introduce Myself

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

Howdy from Texas! My name is Patricia, and I recently (re?)joined the group. I'm a married(5+yrs) 30y working mom of 3. Dianna is 6y. Genevieve is 4y. and Jackson is almost 3y. They are my world and keep me going, even though dealing with them can be the hardest part of my day.

I am here because I am on my second(+?) bout of depression, probably starting after my oldest was born(undiagnosed) and diagnosed not long before DS turned 1. 

I tried several things both times, like changing my diet and taking vitamins before the actual diagnosis, but it wasn't enough. I took fluoxetine for a little more than a year while EBFing DS, and we both did well. I was feeling so good, I weaned off the medication(with drs appoval) around Halloween last year.  

I started having depression issues again earlier this year in March, but our insurance doesn't really cover anything other than maybe my RX. Around that same time I also started having auras(seizures) around the same time, and believe that this time the depression might be related to them. I'm under a tremendous amount of stress because of the health(and other) issues and DH's way of dealing with it/me, so I am hopefully going on medical leave at the end of the week.  

I don't want to go on and on about me and my "drama" so feel free to ask me just about ANYTHING!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Hi and welcome to cafe mom.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Welcome to the group

photo LindaHollyJollyPinkChristmas_zps9feaf846.gif 

bambismom
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Hi and welcome to the group!  I assume you are under a doctor's care for the seizures?  I don't know if they would be related to the depression, but I have heard some anti-depressants (wellbutrin for sure) can even cause seizures, so you must be careful what meds you take.  Hope you can figure out what works for you so you can feel better!  welcome back

Seashell77
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Welcome to the group ! I don't think seizures are part of depression and would see a doctor to find out what's causing them. Stress is a bitch and sorry you are under a lot right now. I hope things will get a lot better for you. This group is very supportive and nice people here. Glad you are here, for you will get good support from this group.

trish2tew
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Quoting bambismom:

Hi and welcome to the group!  I assume you are under a doctor's care for the seizures?  I don't know if they would be related to the depression, but I have heard some anti-depressants (wellbutrin for sure) can even cause seizures, so you must be careful what meds you take.  Hope you can figure out what works for you so you can feel better!  welcome back

I am seeing a neurologist. I did some research waiting for my intake appointment on Monday, and what I was finding was if there is an imbalance in the brain, it can cause seizures. I was figuring that since they both started happening around the same time, that maybe they were connected.
bambismom
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I haven't heard of that but maybe some of the other ladies here have.  I hope you get some answers 

Quoting trish2tew:
Quoting bambismom:

I am seeing a neurologist. I did some research waiting for my intake appointment on Monday, and what I was finding was if there is an imbalance in the brain, it can cause seizures. I was figuring that since they both started happening around the same time, that maybe they were connected.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Welcome to the group!
srltb143
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Welcome to the group, though I am sorry that you are having these problems.  I read that you are seeing a neurologist about the seizures...have the scheduled you for an MRI??  

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:54 AM

are you on any medication right now? Have you looked into getting therapy on a sliding scale basis?

trish2tew
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:10 AM

No. I don't have an appointment with the psychiatrist until August 22nd. I don't think I need therapy this time around. I have been using what I learned over the year I was getting therapy, and that is how I have been able to go this long without having to be voluntarily/involuntarily committed. It just isn't enough to keep me fully functioning where I need to be.

Quoting lyrick24:

are you on any medication right now? Have you looked into getting therapy on a sliding scale basis?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)