Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

SOOO sick of my back hurting!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:40 PM
  • 35 Replies

I have been trying to get some extra projects done, clean out closets, etc.  But, the problem is is when I do those things, then my back hurts too much to get my regular work done.  My bathrooms desperately need cleaning right now, but my back hurts like hell.  I still have unfinished projects with stuff all over and my granddaughter is coming this weekend.  (Yeah, the ADHD doesn't help!!)  I had this arthritis yoga DVD that I promised myself I would do this summer, and I did it twice.  I also need to walk, but haven't gone on the treadmill much.  I usually took my dog for a walk in the summer but I have my son's dog here too, and two dogs on a leash?  Yeah, doesn't work.  I would just take mine but then I feel sorry for the other because you can hear her crying when we leave. 

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:54 PM

HUGS

Sorry you are in pain hun.  I too have back problems (and my kids apparently broke my treadmill...so I'm not walking either!), so I understand how painful and frustrating it can be.  I hope you feel better.

Do you know what is wrong with your back??

bambismom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Bozo drunk guy rear ended me back in 1988, shoved me into a stopped car.  (I was stopped in construction he was going 45-50 MPH) I did everything the PT told me to do though, because my doctor was saying I shouldn't get pregnant again.  (Scary accident my not yet 2 yr. old son was in the back seat, I freaked out, but he was fine.)  I wasn't going to let this idiot wreck my plans for a family.  I went on and had two more babies, and amazed my doctor.  I had some pain, but I could do most anything.  We built a house and I did a bunch of painting and a lot of other stuff.  Fast forward to 2002.  Slipped on some snow and fell square on my butt and that was it.  I was in such severe pain that I couldn't exercise and my muscles became weak.  I had some injections and it got better but, but it's just daily and chronic.  I'm so sick of it.  I know I need to exercise but it hurts!!!  Thanks for the hugs!

Quoting srltb143:

HUGS

Sorry you are in pain hun.  I too have back problems (and my kids apparently broke my treadmill...so I'm not walking either!), so I understand how painful and frustrating it can be.  I hope you feel better.

srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Wow....so sorry.  Wish people would just think before they act sometimes....realize how much their bad decisions can harm others...or worse.

My mom got hit by a drunk driver during the wee hours of Christmas morning a couple years ago.  I had stashed my kids' presents at her house and when I went to get them I left my lights on and we couldn't find battery cables to jump it off, so she just drove me home.  Right after she dropped me off is when she had the accident.  Guy was in her lane.....luckily she swerved into the other lane in just enough time to avoid it being a full head-on collision.....it saved her life.  She was laid up in the hospital for a while though....and then laid up at home in a "hospital" bed for a while....PT for her too.....her worst thing was the break in her hip.

I know how you felt having your little one in the backseat....experienced that with my oldest when he was almost 2....horrible, terrifying, sickening thing to have to experience.  = (  

So glad that you both came out ok!!  I know you were hurt, but you know what I mean!

Quoting bambismom:

Bozo drunk guy rear ended me back in 1988, shoved me into a stopped car.  (I was stopped in construction he was going 45-50 MPH) I did everything the PT told me to do though, because my doctor was saying I shouldn't get pregnant again.  (Scary accident my not yet 2 yr. old son was in the back seat, I freaked out, but he was fine.)  I wasn't going to let this idiot wreck my plans for a family.  I went on and had two more babies, and amazed my doctor.  I had some pain, but I could do most anything.  We built a house and I did a bunch of painting and a lot of other stuff.  Fast forward to 2002.  Slipped on some snow and fell square on my butt and that was it.  I was in such severe pain that I couldn't exercise and my muscles became weak.  I had some injections and it got better but, but it's just daily and chronic.  I'm so sick of it.  I know I need to exercise but it hurts!!!  Thanks for the hugs!

Quoting srltb143:

HUGS

bambismom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Wow, so scary for your mom, glad she was O.K.  Yes, it was scary with my son.  The carseat saved his life!  He chipped a tooth and had an abrasion on his neck from the carseat strap.  The accident resulted in a herniated disc, and I have 2 now. 

Quoting srltb143:

Wow....so sorry.  Wish people would just think before they act sometimes....realize how much their bad decisions can harm others...or worse.

My mom got hit by a drunk driver during the wee hours of Christmas morning a couple years ago.  I had stashed my kids' presents at her house and when I went to get them I left my lights on and we couldn't find battery cables to jump it off, so she just drove me home.  Right after she dropped me off is when she had the accident.  Guy was in her lane.....luckily she swerved into the other lane in just enough time to avoid it being a full head-on collision.....it saved her life.  She was laid up in the hospital for a while though....and then laid up at home in a "hospital" bed for a while....PT for her too.....her worst thing was the break in her hip.

I know how you felt having your little one in the backseat....experienced that with my oldest when he was almost 2....horrible, terrifying, sickening thing to have to experience.  = (  

So glad that you both came out ok!!  I know you were hurt, but you know what I mean!

Quoting bambismom:

Quoting srltb143:

HUGS

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:23 PM
I'm sorry you're in pain. Is regular chiropractic care an option? If not you might try Arnica gel and Arnica Montana. Both are homeopathic remedies for neck, back, shoulder, or leg pain and stiffness. Or tiger balm.
bambismom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:27 PM

I have decided that chiropractic doesn't help me anymore, not even acupuncture.  I'm so tired of having to be in more pain to have less pain.  I get massages, that's the only thing that really helps.   

I haven't heard of that(Amica) but I do have some arthritis cream that I just remembered I had when you said that!  It's usually not this bad. 

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sorry you're in pain. Is regular chiropractic care an option? If not you might try Arnica gel and Arnica Montana. Both are homeopathic remedies for neck, back, shoulder, or leg pain and stiffness. Or tiger balm.

srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Carseat saved my son as well....he had a bump on his head where it apparently hit the side of the carseat.  I couldn't see him, and couldn't reach him....could just hear him screaming at the top of his lungs....I completely lost it....went kinda hysterical.  That side of the car took the majority of the impact....a guy came over to see if we were okay...he tried to calm me down and let me know that they (there were several people around the car trying to check on us) were going to check on my baby and try to get his whole seat out of the car so they could take him by the streetlight and check him out.  They were able to get his seat out and he came back and let me know that he was just fine.  It wasn't until later that I fully realized that not only did the guy want to get my son into the light to make sure he was ok, but that he also wanted to get him out of the car and away from the intersection.  It was a major intersection....there were 4 other accidents after mine before they got our mess cleared up.  I have always wished I could thank that guy and the others for what they did that night....let them know how much it meant...

Quoting bambismom:

Wow, so scary for your mom, glad she was O.K.  Yes, it was scary with my son.  The carseat saved his life!  He chipped a tooth and had an abrasion on his neck from the carseat strap.  The accident resulted in a herniated disc, and I have 2 now. 

Quoting srltb143:

Quoting bambismom:

Quoting srltb143:

HUGS

bambismom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Wow, lucky for you the people were there to help!  I freaked I just wanted to know he was O.K.  The person living along the highway where it happened (it was near the little town where we lived) came to help and took me(and my son) to her house to use the phone.  It was crazy we had just gotten our phone hooked up that day and I remembered the phone number!  Hubby was remodeling on the house and he answered!  After that the ambulance was there and they checked him out.  I rode in the back of the ambulance and they put him in the front seat in his carseat, he thought it was pretty cool!  The paramedics were just happy he was in a carseat, it was not a law back then.  We were both checked for head injuries at the ER, but both O.K.  I did bump my head on the roof of my car, and blacked out for a moment when I was at that lady's house, but no concussion. 

Quoting srltb143:

Carseat saved my son as well....he had a bump on his head where it apparently hit the side of the carseat.  I couldn't see him, and couldn't reach him....could just hear him screaming at the top of his lungs....I completely lost it....went kinda hysterical.  That side of the car took the majority of the impact....a guy came over to see if we were okay...he tried to calm me down and let me know that they (there were several people around the car trying to check on us) were going to check on my baby and try to get his whole seat out of the car so they could take him by the streetlight and check him out.  They were able to get his seat out and he came back and let me know that he was just fine.  It wasn't until later that I fully realized that not only did the guy want to get my son into the light to make sure he was ok, but that he also wanted to get him out of the car and away from the intersection.  It was a major intersection....there were 4 other accidents after mine before they got our mess cleared up.  I have always wished I could thank that guy and the others for what they did that night....let them know how much it meant...

Quoting bambismom:

Quoting srltb143:

Quoting bambismom:

Quoting srltb143:

HUGS

srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:55 PM

I think it's wonderful that there are still people who step up and help others this way.  How one person can cross your path at just the right moment and make a difference when you need it most.  

I have a question that I think I already know the answer to.....what happened to the drunk who hit you?

Quoting bambismom:

Wow, lucky for you the people were there to help!  I freaked I just wanted to know he was O.K.  The person living along the highway where it happened (it was near the little town where we lived) came to help and took me(and my son) to her house to use the phone.  It was crazy we had just gotten our phone hooked up that day and I remembered the phone number!  Hubby was remodeling on the house and he answered!  After that the ambulance was there and they checked him out.  I rode in the back of the ambulance and they put him in the front seat in his carseat, he thought it was pretty cool!  The paramedics were just happy he was in a carseat, it was not a law back then.  We were both checked for head injuries at the ER, but both O.K.  I did bump my head on the roof of my car, and blacked out for a moment when I was at that lady's house, but no concussion. 

bambismom
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:29 AM

I remember at the deposition (I think that's what it's called)  my lawyer kept referring to me as Mrs. (my last name) the idiot asked who's Mrs.?  Yeah didn't even know my name.  I got $17,000 from his insurance company.  It's just maddening that he went on with his life without giving it a thought.  I cannot remember how they figured he had been drinking, but something didn't go right so there was no proof he was drinking.  The charges were wreckless driving. 

Quoting srltb143:

I think it's wonderful that there are still people who step up and help others this way.  How one person can cross your path at just the right moment and make a difference when you need it most.  

I have a question that I think I already know the answer to.....what happened to the drunk who hit you?

Quoting bambismom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)