Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Flashbacks....

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM
  • 21 Replies

Do they ever stop...just go away???  Does it get better???  Does the anxiety?  I was really doing a lot better for the most part.  Then I watched an episode of this tv show that I like......there was a scene where a lady gets beat to death with a baseball bat.  That did it....  I couldn't take my mind off of that scene and kept flashing back to what happened to me.....my anxiety went through the roof and stayed there.  Couldn't sleep....  Will it always be like this???

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bambismom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:17 PM

So sorry, mama, I can't imagine.  Sounds like you need to watch a different TV show?   hugging(((((HUGS)))))))))))

srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Thank you.

I really like the show, but that particular scene just really got to me.  Before what happened to me I would've had a hard time watching that scene...but now it's just completely unreal.  The scene really didn't show THAT much....showed the guy swing the bat, but never actually showed it hitting the lady.  Showed the lady laying on the floor after.  But the sound.....having heard that sound first hand and actually really knowing what it feels like...and how scary it is....a lot of different things...Still can't stop thinking about it, ya know?  Wish I could just get over this....

bambismom
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:31 AM

That has to be hard to get over, I cannot imagine how hard.  More (((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Quoting srltb143:

Thank you.

I really like the show, but that particular scene just really got to me.  Before what happened to me I would've had a hard time watching that scene...but now it's just completely unreal.  The scene really didn't show THAT much....showed the guy swing the bat, but never actually showed it hitting the lady.  Showed the lady laying on the floor after.  But the sound.....having heard that sound first hand and actually really knowing what it feels like...and how scary it is....a lot of different things...Still can't stop thinking about it, ya know?  Wish I could just get over this....

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:35 AM

have you been in therapy for this to learn to deal with the flashbacks? I don't know if it would help but they might at least be able to give you some coping skills. I'm so sorry mama.

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
i can't watch violent shows...gives me bad feelings...i don't even watch an old western where they portray women in *my opinion*...negative ..turn them off babe...stick to good ...no evil... ;-)
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I have only had a flashback once. I have never had another one again

srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM

I started therapy, but the counselor was horrible....I quit going after she sat through a whole session facing her computer with her back turned to me.  Got discouraged.  I was talking to my family doc a little bit and she also had me on Klonopin and something else to help with the anxiety for a while, but I haven't been back to see her in a while, and ran out of meds.  I know I need to make an appointment but kept putting it off for the longest, and now we're relying on one vehicle and hubby is taking it out of town to work everyday.  We are supposed to be moving back closer to my family...trying to save up the money to move....I know my mom would let me use her car to get to appoinments, will just have to find a good doc.  Things should be a little easier for me then.

Quoting lyrick24:

have you been in therapy for this to learn to deal with the flashbacks? I don't know if it would help but they might at least be able to give you some coping skills. I'm so sorry mama.

momwriter
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Sorry...hugs! I used to have flashbacks but haven't in years.

srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Some days are better than others.....I had gotten to the point where most days I was okay, even though I would still think about what happened everyday....it seemed like the bad feelings weren't as intense, ya know?  Doesn't help that some of my attackers live right across the street.....it's a constant reminder.  I feel like I can't really talk to dh about it....what happened to me hurt him pretty bad....he still feels like he somehow failed me, though he saved my life that night. Thank you for the hugs = )

Quoting bambismom:

That has to be hard to get over, I cannot imagine how hard.  More (((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Quoting srltb143:

Thank you.

srltb143
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you happy.

Quoting happyolechimp: i can't watch violent shows...gives me bad feelings...i don't even watch an old western where they portray women in *my opinion*...negative ..turn them off babe...stick to good ...no evil... ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)