Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Self-Esteem/Depression

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

Okay, as someone who has depression and a family history. Also I have low self-esteem. Does anyone also have depression and low self-esteem? Do you know of anyone or are someone who has depression but has decent self-esteem. I always wonder if it's just a part of depression, a cause, or trigger or what. How do you cope with self-esteem, confidence...? What seems to have helped you? Just kind of wondering and wanting to see how you other ladies do.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Low self esteem and depression go hand in hand.  When your depression is in remission you can work on your self esteem issues.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the previous post. In addition to that, my self-esteem issues are a result of the abuse I endured growing up. Then I was sick a few times, had a failed marriage, lost jobs, lost apartments, had to live with people twice and had my then 13 year old son make false allegations against me with cps. Sigh. By the time all that went on, my self-esteem was nothing and I was quite depressed. I swear I hope there is a place in heaven for me. Lol. Now I am working on my self-esteem as well as depression with a counselor and I am making progress.
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to suffer from low self esteem but after working with the public for so long and being good at it I no longer do. I do think that can also come with depression and feeling so down all the time.

MissMackiesgg
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Me too.

Quoting lyrick24:

I used to suffer from low self esteem but after working with the public for so long and being good at it I no longer do. I do think that can also come with depression and feeling so down all the time.

CarrieGemenon19
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Interesting. I have depression but have great self-esteem.  My depression is linked to Multiple Sclerosis, so that might be the difference.

lexismom90
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:57 PM
For me it goes pretty hand in hand most of the time. I do have times where despite my depression I have good self esteem but it has take. A lot of mental training to get the years of people tearing me down out of my head. I still struggle with it but it isn't nearly as bad as it use to be with me.
WarriorMom84
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

(raises hand,feet, legs, body) 

right here.. i have had both depression & anxiety what seems like all my life. confidence? what the heck is that? i wish i had some and self-esteem. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I have confidence, self esteem, and depression issues all in one and I still struggle with them to this day
mamalena137
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Thank you all for your insight and sharing. I just sometimes wonder can they exist without eachother. I'm glad to hear some of you have good self esteem and confidence even while suffering depression. Maybe one of these days I can add myself as one of the lucky ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)