Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Evening depression

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM
  • 11 Replies

I was just fatigued today from depression and not sleeping but I actually feel depressed at the end of the day. My dr is titrating me up very slowly on Prozac so I won't be at a good dose till mid-August. She's doing it this way b/c I've had so many bad side effects from other anti-d's we've tried. I'm trying to figure out what to do to feel a little better...I feel anxious, too :( 

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmia
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. I experienced evening depression as well since I was very lonely and didnt have any family support or friends. It was so bad that I started getting anxiety and could not sleep. So I had to leave my apt. In the middle of the night and walk around the complex sometimes twice. In between those walks I would sit on the benches and play a game or watch a show on my phone or read a book or mail. I felt so much better when I did this. Eventually I would go to my apt building and sit out front. It wasnt until around 2 or 3 o'clock that I settled down enough to go back inside. Even still it took me additional time to go to sleep. Sigh. I was in hell to say the least. Smh.

casah4
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:19 PM
3 moms liked this

This may sound weird, but do you have playdoh at home? Working with your hands has a calming effect. As does coloring. I learned that in group therapy. It's worth a shot.

Tracys2
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Prozac made me more anxious at first, also. But then it turned it WAY down.

Not sure what to tell you in the meanwhile. Luckily, the others have some ideas...

zboys
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM

HUGS

vam1080
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:29 AM
My brain won't stop right now, sometimes I really struggle to go to sleep.
momwriter
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Good idea, I'll have to see if we have playdoh around. My youngest son loves it.

Quoting casah4:

This may sound weird, but do you have playdoh at home? Working with your hands has a calming effect. As does coloring. I learned that in group therapy. It's worth a shot.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:10 AM

(( HUGS ))

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:10 AM

good luck, mama.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:02 AM

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

photo girl44_zpsd6ef0fbe.png
lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM

When evening falls hard on you, listen to some upbeat music.  The playdoh was a good idea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN