Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slow titration up on Prozac....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

My dr is being very cautious and slowly titrating me up to a good dose. In the meantime, I'm just waiting to really feel the effects. I think I'm in for a long month. Any good experiences with this med?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ashleighmama
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:40 PM

I take Prozac, i have for about 6 years, and I like it.

mderemer
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Started Prozac after a misccarriage and previous meds (Lexapro) not working so well. 20mg and 30mg didn't feel so good 40mg now is ok. I feel like I have some really manic days and some really bad days. I don't love this medicine but i'm trying to stick it out.

momwriter
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:40 PM
What dose do you take? I am going up to 20 mg. I've been on high doses of antidepressants in the past and don't know if this is considered high. Hoping for no sexual side effects....

Quoting ashleighmama:

ashleighmama
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I take 20 mgs. I don't have any sexual side effects like I've gotten from other meds, in fact, I don't really have any side effects at all. I sure hope it works for you.

Quoting momwriter: What dose do you take? I am going up to 20 mg. I've been on high doses of antidepressants in the past and don't know if this is considered high. Hoping for no sexual side effects....
Quoting ashleighmama:

momwriter
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Thanks. I got sexual side effects from cymbalta, lack of drive and sensation

Quoting ashleighmama:

I take 20 mgs. I don't have any sexual side effects like I've gotten from other meds, in fact, I don't really have any side effects at all. I sure hope it works for you.

Quoting momwriter: What dose do you take? I am going up to 20 mg. I've been on high doses of antidepressants in the past and don't know if this is considered high. Hoping for no sexual side effects....

Quoting ashleighmama:

lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I took Prozac for 10 years and it worked for me.  It's worth the wait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)