Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I feel like there is something wrong with me :/

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:16 AM
  • 15 Replies
So I am not diagnosed with anything. I have and always have had a great life.

My problems come and go. Like procrastination, felling overwhelmed, felling tiered and like I just don't want to do anything at all. Sometimes I am the amazing person I want to be, being very busy doing fun thing and doing things I don't like.

Here is an example. About 3 days ago I was awesome doing all the dishes and the laundry was caught up and I took the kids the the park and library, also I made 3 good meals. Then the next day I did stuff but not nearly as much then today I basically did nothing.. I just felt like blah

I have always been this way, what could this be? Anyone else have this kind of problem?
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambergem
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Yes. Exactly.
vam1080
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:23 AM
What have you done to help? I just feel like I don't want to live like this anymore.

Quoting ambergem: Yes. Exactly.
ambergem
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Went to a primary care physician. She prescribed Wellbutrin XL and said get counseling because it's just as important. I had to go to brand name only. Generic was what I was on before counselor highly suggested brand. It helped a lot once I made that switch. My counseling helps a lot. The med kicks me in gear and keeps me balanced.

Quoting vam1080: What have you done to help? I just feel like I don't want to live like this anymore.

Quoting ambergem: Yes. Exactly.
ambergem
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh check out FlyLady.net too. My counselor just suggested it. Amazing!!! Started this Mon signed up for emails and started following it. It's designed for depressed mothers who need to get their homes in order by a woman who was one herself. I've made so many improvements already for keeping up with the house and patient, kind motivation. I want to yell this from the rooftops!!!
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:14 AM
I make lists when I really need to stay focused on getting things done
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I am like you in that there are days I don't get anything done. If I were you, I would make an appt with a therapist and let them evaluate you. You may be suffering from depression. 

vam1080
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:34 AM
Thank you ladies, I will be making an appointment. I just needed someone to tell me that I'm the only one like this and that there is something I can do.

I also have a huge problem with falling asleep and staying asleep, I always wake up every night at least once.
lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Very good suggestion.  I will try that myself.

Quoting ambergem: Oh check out FlyLady.net too. My counselor just suggested it. Amazing!!! Started this Mon signed up for emails and started following it. It's designed for depressed mothers who need to get their homes in order by a woman who was one herself. I've made so many improvements already for keeping up with the house and patient, kind motivation. I want to yell this from the rooftops!!!

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Everyone has their ups  & downs.

photo girl44_zpsd6ef0fbe.png
melissa7283
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Have you turn your Will over to Jesus
and ask for His Will for your life???
I prayed you have a blessed night!
((Love & hugs)))

Quoting vam1080: So I am not diagnosed with anything. I have and always have had a great life.

My problems come and go. Like procrastination, felling overwhelmed, felling tiered and like I just don't want to do anything at all. Sometimes I am the amazing person I want to be, being very busy doing fun thing and doing things I don't like.

Here is an example. About 3 days ago I was awesome doing all the dishes and the laundry was caught up and I took the kids the the park and library, also I made 3 good meals. Then the next day I did stuff but not nearly as much then today I basically did nothing.. I just felt like blah

I have always been this way, what could this be? Anyone else have this kind of problem?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)