Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just prescribed Xanax and Lamictal:anyone uses them?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:54 PM
  • 15 Replies

I was prescribed both for anxiety and mood disoderers.

Has anyone taken them?

I took half of Xanax yesterday and just like the dr said, I didnt notice anything.

Lamictal: I only had it two nights andf in a week I will start with am and pm

any feedback?

thanks

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerossandra
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:54 PM

bump

Izsarejman
by Kim on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:11 PM
I take Xanax XR and in my opinion, it has been the only thing to keep my anxiety at ease. It doesn't knock me out like the regular xanax does. I've been on that for a year and a half.
lexismom90
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:46 PM
I was on lamictol and actually really liked it it didn't help tons and tons but it helped enough to make me functioning again.
casah4
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I've been on Lamictal before and it really didn't work for me then. I'm back on it again because I'm out of options and it really is one of the best meds out there for Bipolar. I'm hoping it works better for me this time.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I take Lamictal and I think that it's a good medicine.  Watch out for a rash.  I have taken Xanax too but not at the same time.

mmfw2012
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:00 PM

i used to be on both the xanax works great for the anxiety and lamictal for bi-polar disorder now the lamictal can have the oposite side affect for the first 2-4 wks im not a doctor but i was on and off of it and for the first couple of weeks taking it i had some serious mood swings so dont get discouraged right away and think that they may not be working because they did work for me but if you dont take the lamictal everyday as prescribed say you forget a day or two you can experience some mood swings again sometimes worse than normal just a little bit of info based on my own experience if you want the meds to work than you have to be committed to take them everyday thats why i dont any more cause i always forget and never liked taking medication sorry for the long response

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Quoting mmfw2012:

i used to be on both the xanax works great for the anxiety and lamictal for bi-polar disorder now the lamictal can have the oposite side affect for the first 2-4 wks im not a doctor but i was on and off of it and for the first couple of weeks taking it i had some serious mood swings so dont get discouraged right away and think that they may not be working because they did work for me but if you dont take the lamictal everyday as prescribed say you forget a day or two you can experience some mood swings again sometimes worse than normal just a little bit of info based on my own experience if you want the meds to work than you have to be committed to take them everyday thats why i dont any more cause i always forget and never liked taking medication sorry for the long response

exactly about the lamictal... i am on it and forgot to take it for the first time last night and today was just a mess:(

ballerossandra
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:00 AM
One day can cause that ? I would assume you have to skip it more often to feel that way . It's only been 3 nights for me

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mmfw2012:

exactly about the lamictal... i am on it and forgot to take it for the first time last night and today was just a mess:(

mmfw2012
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Its actually not the fact that she missed a day its because she just recently started taking it the first few weeks are the worst but missing a day or 2 actually has thrown me completely off the handle when I use to take lamictal

Quoting ballerossandra: One day can cause that ? I would assume you have to skip it more often to feel that way . It's only been 3 nights for me

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mmfw2012:

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:58 AM

if you are not feeling the relief from xanax you are probably not taking enough but be careful. It will make you sleepy if you get too much. I used to take it. I couldn't take lamictal. I am allergic to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)