Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Just curious

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:06 PM
  • 14 Replies
So I was curious if there were ways of controlling my depression and anxiety without taking medications? I've been on almost every pill for depression and anxiety.And I can no longer affird my meds. So I was just curious if i could eat certain foods or anything that can help?
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleJ1000
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:07 PM
I don't know about food, but I do know that exercise helps.
Sunshine2013201
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Okay thanks for the advice
dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:15 AM
There are certain mood boosting foods and natural remedies but I'm not really familiar with them. Have you checked with a nutritionist or someone who specializes in holistic methods of healing?
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:49 AM

I don't really know. For me it takes meds. You could try journaling and exercising and just eating healthy in general.

lexismom90
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:54 AM
I am not perfectly certain but I know exercise helps me some if I can keep my knee and back from hurting. I have also found some "coping" skills that help me a lot with y anxiety that my last counselor was teaching me. I am not on meds right now due to not being able to see a doctor
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I keep a bottle of lavender essential oil on my desk at work. Whenever I start to feel panicky I dab a little on the inside of my wrists.

prdmama1154
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Good idea.  I'll have to try this.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I keep a bottle of lavender essential oil on my desk at work. Whenever I start to feel panicky I dab a little on the inside of my wrists.

la_bella_vita
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:14 PM

exercise, sleep, journaling and working on your triggers. Staying organized and avoiding things that could trigger stres. Music helps me as well and carving out time for hobbies.

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:58 AM
there's so many things you can do and research helps find the right naturals for you..good wishes.. ;-)
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I don't know

photo lovelinda_zpseb97d49e.png
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN