Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

good morning

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:16 AM
  • 5 Replies

I know I don't post much on here lately. Have WAY too much crap going on but I wanted to get some input on something.

I switched anti-depressants about a month ago (from Prozac which wasn't helping if anything, making my life worse back to Cymbalta. I know I'm slowly getting out of that hell hole I've been in for 3 years now) and basically have had NO panic/anxiety attacks.

I had a doozy of one in the middle of the night last night and a mild one on Saturday. So much so I had to take my anxiety meds and basically lay in bed and rest as much as possible.

Question:  What causes panic attacks and why after a period of time of not having one I end up with 2 in a row?

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
prdmama1154
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I don't have any advice for you but here's a bump.  I hope you get some good answers here.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:25 PM

That's too bad that you got panic attacks after not having one for a while.  I guess anyone can have one at anytime.  Do you take anything to help you sleep?  I take Trazodone at night and it helps a lot.  Maybe you could call your doctor about this and see what he can do about it.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I wish I knew! I get them what seems like completely out of the blue.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:45 AM

I really don't know what causes them. That is a good question. One that I would like to have the answer to. How often can you take your antianxiety meds? Maybe you need to be on a routine dose.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:53 AM

You might want to ask your doctor

photo lovelinda_zpseb97d49e.png
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)