Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today I was told I'm Bipolar.

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:59 PM
  • 15 Replies

I don't know how I feel right now. I don't know ayone Bipolar and don't know much about it..

Anyone got anything to say about it?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Hugs! There are a few ladies in here who can probably offer some advice and support :-)
TheDrsRose
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I've been googling my ass off..

I'm not really sure how I feel about it right now.. Suspected it based on the little I did know but then I think of someone being Bipolar as the type of person who can't even get out of bed,while that's me sometimes,it's not every day like I imagine.. I'm just so. Ugh. Overwhelmed but relieved at the same time.

Quoting leahbeah143: Hugs! There are a few ladies in here who can probably offer some advice and support :-)

CafeMom Tickers
sfigu16
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:11 PM

my brother is a bipolar. Some days are tougher than others but he makes it work. Hugs, any meds?

dizzy77702
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
You can always pm me if you have questions. I've been dealing with having bipolar my whole life and in treatment since I was 13, I'm 37 now. I'm not an expert but maybe I can help clear some things up for you. It isn't as bad as society makes it sound. Maybe you could check out a nami support group. Hugs.
TheDrsRose
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Not yet. I go to the counseling center tomorrow to discuss,do the testing and then work out a game plan and meet my psychologist at 1pm. I've seen 3 doctors now for whats going on with me and this is what they've concluded so now I start the steps to figuring out a treatment plan. :\

Quoting sfigu16:

my brother is a bipolar. Some days are tougher than others but he makes it work. Hugs, any meds?

CafeMom Tickers
casah4
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

One of my therapists recommended Bipolar for Dummies. It's packed with information, but it's kind of boring to read.  I also downloaded The Bipolar Handbook by Wes Burgess. It's a very easy to read book. It's written in a question and answer format. Very straightforward and easy to break away from and pick up where you left off.  It sheds a lot of light on what it's like to be Bipolar. 

TheDrsRose
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Is the handbook free?

Quoting casah4:

One of my therapists recommended Bipolar for Dummies. It's packed with information, but it's kind of boring to read.  I also downloaded The Bipolar Handbook by Wes Burgess. It's a very easy to read book. It's written in a question and answer format. Very straightforward and easy to break away from and pick up where you left off.  It sheds a lot of light on what it's like to be Bipolar. 

CafeMom Tickers
casah4
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM

No. It's a $12 Kindle download. I'm not sure how much it is in other formats.

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Is the handbook free?

Quoting casah4:

lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:01 AM

I have bipolar II which is mostly depression with occasional hypomanic episodes.

TheDrsRose
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I don't know much about the types but my Dr suggested he thinks I am a rapid cycler..

Quoting lucy164:

I have bipolar II which is mostly depression with occasional hypomanic episodes.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)