Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

deep depression

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My wholé life I have suffered from severe anxiety disorder and generalized anxiety along with depression. I don't ever recall NOT having it ever or going through a period of time without some form. I currently am on anxiety meds and they have helped tremendously. I barely have any panic attacks at all now. But I have noticed myself really depressed lately. Almost like life really isn't gonna get better and probably worse from here. I'm 25 and it hasn't been much fun this long and more issues keep coming up. I have severe tmj disorder and without a mouth guard at night, I wouldn't be able go even open my mouth to eat, it's gotten worse . I went to the dentist and I have thousands of dollars in cavities , my mouth doesn't even look like I have cavities. I need braces too. I am losing insurance early sept and will have no way to get it. My parents are yelling at me to get a 2nd opinion. I am not I'm college. I work at a bar and I'm struggling right now. I have no one to live with to go to school. If I moved with my parents, we would be screaming at each other 24-7. I just don't see life getting better just more pain mentally and physically. I feel like a burden on everyone. I'm always tired always depressed. No energy. Just a downer. My bf I had to break up with due to his addiction issues. I know u all are gonna tell me call a hot line or go to the hospital. Its Too embarassing and I'm not doing it. I don't even feel like I'm doing enough to keep my son happy. He deserves a happy energetic person with money. Just happy someone listened to me. I have no one to talk to. Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bambismom
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I'm sorry, mama, that things are so hard for you.  Isn't there anyone you can live with?  Share expenses?   You should try to get counseling. I know you said you won't have insurance soon, but some places have a sliding fee scale.  Be sure you keep taking your medicine.  I wish there was more I could do, I can just listen.  (((((((HUGS))))))))))hugging

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:09 AM

are you not taking an antidepressant? Call 211 and ask what they have in the line of mental health services in your area. You should be able to get in to see a therapist or a dr on a sliding scale basis. WalMart has antidepressants for four dollars a month. Have them put you on one of those. Maybe if you get your depression under control it won't be so bad living with your parents. Or maybe you can get section 8 housing. Check into that. 

bambismom
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Yes, everything that lyrick said.  211 isn't a hotline it is the United Way, so they're not going to send you to the hospital.

Tracys2
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Your feelings sound very familiar to me- it is defintely the depression talking to you. Lyrick has been there, and she is very wise. Many of the best anti-depressants are very cheap- they are the ones I take and I know. Even if you are taking one now, you definitely need a change. We can hear the lies of depression speaking over you. I'm so sorry you are hurting like that!

Serenity7
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM

(((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)