Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Happy News

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

I finally found the puppy I want and she will be able to travel in Oct perfect timing for my birthday. She is white and a german shepherd mix, I couldnt be happier.

Well I went to show my husband and I showed him her brother and we are now getting 2 pups in oct. lol. My husband fell in love with her brother, he looks more german sherpherd with the coloring and marking but he has a stump for a tail.

We are rescuing them from Spain which is far from where we are right now in Germany. They will be utd on shots, micro chip and have their eu passports. And what we are paying for them to do all that and the transport fee is so cheap.

Also I wouldnt do it if I didnt know more than 5 people who have used them. It is pretty much the only way us (americans) can get a puppy without paying almost a grand for a mutt around here.

I am so excited, I have missed having my pup so much lately. They are naimed Herb (h is silent) and Hailey but we will be calling her Ailey (it is a sweedish name)

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bambismom
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Oh, you're the one in Germany, right?  Awesome you are getting two new little family members!  German Shepherd pups are the cutest!  Well, all puppies are cute, sometimes so cute I can't stand it!   My family had sheperds growing up.  Seems to me they are pretty easy to train and they are smart, otherwise they couldn't use them for for K-9's. 

lucy164
by Peggy on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this

puppy

puppythat's wonderful!!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope they bring you much happiness.

Tracys2
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:59 PM

That sounds lovely- I'd like to see a pic when you get her :-)

Where are you in Germany? I travelled all around there the semester I lived in Heidelberg.

clligatoraoffee
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:26 PM

yes ma'am. and yes i had a full blood gs as a kid best dog ever, had a mix gs as well and dumbest dog ever. our last dog was a gs mix as well. I love gs and mutts so its the best of both worlds.

Quoting bambismom:

Oh, you're the one in Germany, right?  Awesome you are getting two new little family members!  German Shepherd pups are the cutest!  Well, all puppies are cute, sometimes so cute I can't stand it!   My family had sheperds growing up.  Seems to me they are pretty easy to train and they are smart, otherwise they couldn't use them for for K-9's. 

clligatoraoffee
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I will defenitely post pics when we get them.

Ive heard that name before. we are down in bavaria in eschenbach. about 2 hours or less from nurnberg (nurenberg not sure the spelling) a tone of small villages around lol

Quoting Tracys2:

Where are you in Germany? I travelled all around there the semester I lived in Heidelberg.

lucy164
by Peggy on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll look forward to seeing them.

Quoting clligatoraoffee:

I will defenitely post pics when we get them.

Ive heard that name before. we are down in bavaria in eschenbach. about 2 hours or less from nurnberg (nurenberg not sure the spelling) a tone of small villages around lol

Quoting Tracys2:

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

that's exciting!

lexismom90
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
That is so exciting! I am lad you are able to get dogs again!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)