Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

My yearly eval at work was mediocre, depressed about it and want to quit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I dread going to work now.  I was already having a tough week and now my yearly review was just so so . I work my a$$ off, not even taking time for lunch or bathroom.  I have a high stress demanding job that pays well but its killing me.  I was just complacent about it before but now I dont want to go back.  The kicker is that my boss is not on the floor with me, she gets her info about me by people I work with maybe one or twice a month.  I suffer from depression, and severe social anxiety and have atyention and memory problems. I do the absolute best I can and try to be friendly with staff.  I am awkward anyways.  I feel like no one likes me.  I would like to quit but it pays well and Im a single mom/.  How do you get over a crappy review,? one which basically was  a critique of my personality as far as Im concerned. I am trudging through life.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
coavsgrl
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:17 PM
My suggestion is to realize your work does NOT define you as a person. Your job is just a means to an end. Give yourself some slack and keep moving forward. You're a good person. Your job just is that..."a job."
zboys
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:57 AM

What do you do?  I bet I could never do what you do.  At least you know in your mind that you are doing the best you can and a damn good employee at that.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:10 AM

just keep doing the best you can. not everyone is going to do excellent on a job. but it is just that, a job. it doesnt define you. i am sure you are a wonderful hard working person. dont put so much emphasis on your eval.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I am a nurse, and put in 100% and we aren't allowed to make mistakes or forget anything and it all must be done on time. I'm exhausted.

Memere60
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Sometimes work is more about politics than anything else. People kiss up to the boss, when secretly they hate him/her. Or they are not very good at what they do, but know how to play the game to get promotions (or good reviews and raises that they don't deserve). 

If you care about your patients, and haven't made any horrible mistakes, it's possible that your reward will be more of the inner peace, knowing that you are doing your best. 

I've been in the hospital more times than I care to think about, but I can tell you, as a patient, I didn't care at all what kind of review my nurses got. I just wanted to be treated with a little compassion. Try not to let this discourage you too much.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:01 PM

((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

Linda 8/17 photo Linda-mentalhealth_zps13200340.jpg
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:29 PM

(((HUGS)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN