Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Better and still difficult

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:04 PM
  • 14 Replies
The weekends are the worse when it comes to me dealing with my depression. But this weekend was easier because I decided to take extreme measures. On early Saturday morni g, I went to an information session on peripheral neuropathy and ate the complimentary refreshments afterwards. I met a great lady there who was great to talk to and down to earth. Afterwards I went to this free book give away and was able to get fantastic books there. I chatted here and there with random people. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the positive energy. Shortly afterwards, I went to the grocer and bought myself a cup of MD Crab soup and enjoyed it. All and all I kept doing different things to keep myself motivated. When I became tired, I parked in a park and went to sleep. Eventually I went to a park and a gathering.

I did not get home until about 10:30 p.m. During my time running around, the loneliness was trying to attack me but I kept fighting it. I tried my best to avoid negative atmospheres. Although I stayed up watching tv shows until almost 3 a.m because I felt the loneliness seeping in., I felt like I was better at being successful in battling the negative thoughts of being lonely and not looking how I would like to look. Today was also trying because it was difficult dealing with the feelings but things worked out for me since I kept fighting to keep it positive.

I am not out of the woods yet but things are definetely looking better. The struggle definetely continues.

Thanks for "listening".
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lexismom90
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I am glad you were able to have a good weekend.
zboys
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Good for you!  Now if only I could do that.

Tracys2
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Sounds great, that you got so much done and felt better, and now the weekend is over- WTG!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Sounds like you had a good time!
bambismom
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:35 PM

high fiveGood for you, you positive thinker!!!  Keep it up!!!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

im glad your are out doing things and talking to other people. i hope this will lead to some positive friendships.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Its nice you had a good weekend

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you had a nice time. I need to do that more, get out of my comfort zone and start enjoying things. It sucks bc sometimes I feel like my mental illness has stolen so much from me. Maybe we should start a thread each day where we post something positive we were able to do despite having troubles.
bambismom
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Good idea, dizzy! 

Quoting dizzy77702: Sounds like you had a nice time. I need to do that more, get out of my comfort zone and start enjoying things. It sucks bc sometimes I feel like my mental illness has stolen so much from me. Maybe we should start a thread each day where we post something positive we were able to do despite having troubles.

melissa7283
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 1:27 AM
Great!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN